Sr. Member of Technical Staff - VMware Cloud on Dell EMC
Primary Location: Palo Alto,California
Are you passionate about building great products? Want to be a part of the exploding Edge and IoT market? Want to be part of a new initiative enabling hybrid cloud? Want to get in a ground level to develop VMware’s datacenter as a service solution? Our team is looking for a talented, passionate engineer to join the team.
VMware Cloud on Dell EMC combines the simplicity and agility of the public cloud with the security and control of on-premises infrastructure, delivered as-a-service to data center and edge locations. This fully-managed VMware service provides simple, secure, and scalable infrastructure for customer’s on-premises datacenter and edge locations. This unique approach empowers the customer to focus on business innovation and differentiation, while VMware operates the entire infrastructure end-to-end.
For more information - see here - https://www.vmware.com/products/vmc-on-dell-emc.html
As a member of this team, you will play a key role in understanding customer use cases and defining the end–to-end behavior of the solution. This solution will involve developing a highly scalable SaaS service, an easy to use on-prem hyper converged infrastructure (HCI) developed in partnership with Dell and integrated with industry leading VMware infrastructure products - vSphere, vSAN, NSX and our SD-WAN solution Velocloud.
Roles & Responsibilities:
• Become the subject matter expert and truly understand what customers need from this product.
• Understand different subsystems and bring them together to form a meaningful solution to the customer
• Collaborate with project team members and cross-functional product teams. Work closely with team to understand product changes, involve in product design, implementation, deployment, scale and monitoring
• Experience using and developing large scale networking and distributed systems.
• Embody principles of service ownership, be a champion for continuous delivery and test automation
• B.S or M.S in Computer Science or equivalent
• 5+ years of hands-on experience in working with world-class software development teams and projects through multiple releases.
• Strong systems-level coding and automation experience using Python or Java
• Strong algorithmic, problem-solving and debugging skills
• Experience with automation tools like Jenkins, GitLab CI
• Understanding of one or more of the key areas of the solution like Distributed Computing, Networking, Storage, Virtualization
• Proficiency in modern software architecture using CI/CD, Micro Services, Infrastructure-as-Code and other DevOps techniques.
• Experience in automating, orchestrating and running large scale IaaS systems are a plus.
• Expertise in working with container deployment and orchestration technologies at scale with strong knowledge of the fundamentals to include service discovery, deployments, monitoring, scheduling, load balancing.
• Knowledge of Kubernetes and Docker with experience in developing services on AWS
• Proficiency and experience with VMware Products, like VMware Cloud on AWS, vSphere, vSAN, NSX, VxRail
• Knowledge and experience in implementing software defined networking and cloud networking like VPCs, VPN, IP-Sec Tunnels, and implementing networking in virtualized environments
• Knowledge of L2/L3 Networking protocols, Routing Protocol integration (OSPF, BGP, Multicast), MPLS, Security concepts (IKE, IPSeC, PKI), WAN optimization techniques and QoS fundamentals.
• Experience in configuration or management of network switches
Category : Engineering and Technology
Subcategory: Software Engineering
Experience: Manager and Professional
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Posted Date: 2021-04-27
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law. Job ID: R2107255