To learn more about how Dell Technologies is supporting our communities, customers, partners and team members, please visit our COVID-19 response site.
Sr Product Line Manager - VMware Skyline
Primary Location: Palo Alto, California
Additional Location(s): Palo Alto, California
Sr. Product Manager – Skyline
Transforming customer experience is the epicenter of today’s innovation with ML/AI. The Skyline team delivers proactive support through our flagship Skyline product. More than 9500 customers are using Skyline today, one of VMware’s fastest growing cloud services with projections to quadruple year over year. Skyline automatically and securely collects, aggregates and analyzes product usage data to surface proactive recommendations for vSphere, NSX, vSAN, vRealize Operations and Horizon products. If issues occur, customers expect a more productive self-service experience.
The Skyline team is driving significant business value to Proactive support is to help customers self remediate issues and shield technical support from receiving cases that can be dealt with proactively.
Path to monetization: As a freemium platform, Skyline’s business value is measured by consuming customers PLUS the upsell to other VMware products – defined by revenue pull or number of customers.
The Skyline team as part of the Cloud Management business unit in VMware’s R&D organization provides an enriched and valuable ecosystem of data and analytics services that drive proactive support innovation for our customers, product business units and support engineers within VMware and globally. The Skyline team is dedicated to developing advanced technology systems and services to make it easier to operate and manage VMware’s virtual infrastructure and software defined datacenters in private and hybrid cloud environments.
Job Role and Responsibility:
We’re seeking a Senior Product Manager to join the Skyline team to act as champion between the various product business units and aid in the planning of VMware Skyline and the proactive support services software roadmap. This includes the integration of Skyline, Machine Learning insights, and other future thinking interactions across VMware’s product portfolio. You’ll be solving complex problems than span many product lines and back-end systems. In this technology leadership position, you should feel comfortable in leading the development of solutions. The role requires tools, frameworks, and design patterns for solutions. You will be asked to contribute to those frameworks, develop reusable domain solutions, and mentor internal & external partners. To effectively build complex strategies it is important to build a strong network among your peers and internal & external teams. You should be ready to take ownership of the initiatives and programs to aid in delivering of solutions. You will be working with the Director of Product Management and Engineering leadership for platform architecture to ensure product direction and execution align to the platform strategy.
- Working with Business Unit (BU) heads and product managers to whiteboard, plan, design, and build proof-of-concept integrations to solve technical integrations, drive customer value through features and cross-product interactions. Define solutions that affect hundreds of thousands of customers and thousands of employees.
- Being able to articulate a vision of harmonized customer engagement and be able to drill down to API integrations in the same conversation to demonstrate how to realize the solution.
- Work closely with User Experience designers to help convey customer (BU) need within the UX/UI platform and portfolio to consume assets that will be embedded in products and services. Explain these prototypes/mockups back to the BU and to our customers.
- Provide leadership on enabling delightful experiences through software.
- Work with the Skyline engineering team to define and implement consistent and scalable services and communicate your vision with the development teams to realize your solution.
- Apply creative thinking/approach to figure out technical solutions that further business goals and align with corporate technology strategies, keeping in mind performance, reliability, scalability, usability, security, flexibility, and cost.
- Maintain broad technical and solution knowledge in software, infrastructure, data analytics, security, and business architecture areas.
- Articulate technology solutions as well as explain the advantages of various technology alternatives.
- Work on highly complex issues with broad technical or strategic implications.
- Engage with customers and partners to understand their needs and provide suggestions/guidance on what SaaS/PaaS techniques are appropriate to solve their problems with pros/cons articulated clearly.
- Establish relationships with key Business Unit and Product Managers across technology organizations and collaborate on promoting integration methodologies.
- 5+ years of business development experience in a consulting and/or professional services environment.
- 4+ years as a technical product manager, including time leading technical staff and implementations
- Strong understanding of how to integrate complex corporate systems
- Strong at identifying problems, solving complex problems with simple solutions.
- Think strategically: See patterns and relationships in information and events; clarify and simplify complex information; anticipate trends and possibilities that may lead to new business opportunities; consistently think and act “ahead of the curve;” anticipate and effectively respond with urgency to immediate opportunities; executes plans vigorously and with flexibility; operate actively; identify and address long-term opportunities.
- Strong on working towards results and self-motivated, strong learning mindset, with good understanding of related advanced/new technology. Keep up with the technology development in the related areas in the industry.
- Good verbal, written, presentation, facilitation, and interaction skills, including ability to effectively communicate architectural issues and concepts to multiple organization levels and executive management.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related technical discipline required
- Go-getter on both technical side and business side
- Strong customer centric mindset
- Strong leadership and teammate.
- Strong skills on mentoring/growing junior people
Category : Marketing
Subcategory: Product Management
Experience: Business Leadership
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Posted Date: 2020-07-30
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law. Job ID: R2009172