Staff I Engineer - VMC on AWS Outposts
Primary Location: Palo Alto,California
We’re changing the face of IT by making it possible to construct an entire Software-Defined Data Center with the click of a button, erasing the barriers between on-premise and elastic cloud resources. This change has the industry rethinking how to build and scale critical apps. We’re gathering forward-thinkers to help accelerate this transformation.
VMware Cloud engineers develop products that focus on standing up SaaS stack from grounds up to offer customers creative infrastructure services in the cloud e.g. AWS, GCP.
The VMware Cloud on AWS (VMC) POD Life Cycle Management Team is a growing team and we arelooking for a strong engineer to build and extend the VMC technology to AWS Outposts!
As part of a bright engineering team, you’ll create innovative solutions and solve complex problems and take ownership of meaningful, big-picture projects. You will design, develop and maintain scalable features for VMware's Cloud solutions. Become immersed in all aspects of our innovative and collaborative culture, and ensure you get the full VMware experience. You’ll interact with industry thought leaders at one of our world-class campuses and enjoy networking, community service, and career development events.
- Define, implement, and support complex lifecycle management features in VMC
- Participate in all phases of the software development life cycle.
- Responsible for delivering design & functional specifications.
- Provide detailed scheduled estimates for development efforts.
- Help maintain technical acumen in key technology areas to help guide the evolution of our platform
- B.E in computer science with 8+ years of experience developing software or Masters degree in computer science with 6+ years or PhD in computer science with 3+ years.
- Strong fundamentals in Distributed Systems, Concurrency, Clustering, and Multi-threaded systems.
- Strong programming skills and significant Python/Java coding experience.
- Strong software design skills and exposure to scalable architectures
- Strong analytical and debugging skills, with an aptitude for troubleshooting and problem solving
- Exposure to building cloud based services, container technologies, Docker and Kubernetes, knowledge is highly desirable
- Experience participating in agile development is a plus.
- Self-motivated, results-oriented and demonstrated ability to add value and succeed in a fast-paced environment.
This position is eligible for JoinVMC referral campaign
Category : Engineering and Technology
Subcategory: Software Engineering
Experience: Business Leadership
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Posted Date: 2021-04-25
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law. Job ID: R2103122