Staff II Software Engineer - Platform (Cloud Services)
Primary Location: Palo Alto,California
VMware's Cloud Strategy and the Cloud Service Business Unit's goal is to enable a Multi-Cloud, Multi-Device World where seamless delivery of cloud services to end customers across a global network of heterogeneous clouds is a reality. Cloud Service Providers (SPs) play a crucial role in this world. The Cloud Service Business Unit's (CSBU) mission is to develop technology which, along with VMware's market leading private cloud technologies, enable SPs to deliver the heterogeneous clouds and services of tomorrow.
At VMware, you will be challenged to create innovative solutions for our customers by solving complex problems in a team-focused environment. If you are driven to imagine, define and deliver what’s next for the industry and your career while unlocking your full potential, join VMware. You will have the opportunity to grow in our flexible and dynamic environment, challenge your thinking, and influence the future of technology.
You will be working on VMWare Cloud Partner Navigator, Cloud Service for VMware partners to purchase, provision, and manage VMware Service offerings. The VMWare Cloud Partner Navigator enables end-to-end customer lifecycle management and expansion of partners’ managed services portfolio with a rich set of VMware Service offerings.
- Provide technical leadership for the team that will focus on building our SaaS platform. Responsible for architecture, design, code and extensibility of one or more products.
- Work with product managers to translate roadmap into functional specs, and designs.
- Produce high quality, well-documented code. Participate and influence code reviews, design reviews for robust and scalable products, must work across engineering teams and architects.
- Mentor junior engineers on design, good coding practices.
- Minimum of 12+ years of enterprise software and/or cloud services (SaaS) development experience.
- Deep technical skills across both proprietary and open-source, and a good breadth across many technologies. Knowledge spanning multiple platforms and architectures with deep understanding of algorithms, data structures, and performance optimization techniques. Expertise with heterogeneous, enterprise, distributed, object-oriented client/server and/or web-based systems design and implementation.
- Very strong development experience in Cloud Services, SaaS environments, distributed systems.
- Should have done extensive hands-on work in scalability, high availability and resolved problems in this domain
- Very strong experience in languages like (Java, Go, Python) & development eco-system, deployment(Docker/Kubernetes) and CI/CD (Jenkins, gitlab-pipelines).
- Ability to design modules, subsystems and effectively communicate the design to team members and beyond.
- Should be comfortable and capable of working in a dynamic, startup-like environment (agile development).
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral are required.
Technical undergraduate Computer Science and/or Electrical Engineering degree required, and an advanced degree (MS/Ph.D.) are desirable.
Category : Engineering and Technology
Subcategory: Software Engineering
Experience: Business Leadership
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Posted Date: 2021-02-22
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law. Job ID: R2102452