To learn more about how Dell Technologies is supporting our communities, customers, partners and team members, please visit our COVID-19 response site.
Technical Product Management , Telco NFV
Primary Location: Palo Alto, California
Additional Location(s): Palo Alto, California
A senior individual contributor in a Technical Product Management role with primary focus on building, driving, and architecting 5G Telco solutions for VNF and CNF deployments. Key skill set requirements are technical solution development, solution verification, vendor integration, deep knowledge of container technologies such as K8S, Grafana, Helm, Prometheus etc. and cross-domain knowledge of 5G/NFV deployments from core-to-edge. Diverse skills to operate in a start-up kind of environment with both a technical and interpersonal acumen to define and deliver technical content for customers and pre-sales.
· Technical lead in building CNF and VNF applicable solutions for service providers
· Provide foresight into future challenges on adaptation, customer preference and scale
· Work closely with Product Management, Development and Quality Engineering teams within BU and cross-BU.
· Review functional specifications and identify areas of interpose, cross-platform requirements, etc
- Build detailed technical white papers, demos, video recordings, labs and PoC for customers, sales and partners
· Validate & Test end-to-end solutions with partners and vendors including container network services
· Build training material and demo/lab environment for internal Sales/Support teams
· Monitor and measure partner progress against technical integration plan and recommend changes as needed.
- Support a detailed deployment and architecture solution guide that includes IaaS and CaaS aspects as well as automation and orchestration of VNF, CNF and CaaS.
- Technical Competitive analysis. This includes competitive lab setup, feature testing, identifying VMW differentiation, publishing papers showcasing our technical strengths/ advantages
- Technical support for events such as VMworld, MWC
Skills and Experience:
· At least 7-10 years of experience in domains relates to Telco, 5G, containers, VNF/CNF
· Experience with K8S and NEPs (Network Equipment Provider)
· Operational knowledge of any of the cloud – VMC, AWS, Azure or Google a plus
· Proven experience in Telco solutions deployment
· Ability to connect dots finding dependency and passion to drive to build Telco centric solutions.
· Self-motivated, problem solver that can “figure out what to figure out”, Ready to be hands when appropriate
· Requires little direction or need for well-defined and standard processes; comfortable working in fast paced “start up” like environment with a “can do” attitude
· Resolves intra/ inter team/company conflicts effectively and in timely fashion
· Excellent technical presentation and written/verbal communication skills
· Clear and concise documentation ability building technical content
Category : Marketing
Subcategory: Product Management
Experience: Business Leadership
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Posted Date: 2020-07-15
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law. Job ID: R2009129