Associate Systems Engineer 2
- Paris, France
We believe that progress lives at the intersection of technology and humanity, and that our role is to bring innovation to people everywhere to drive progress around the world. Every member of our team plays a critical role in bringing our purpose to life — through our work, passion and commitment to do the absolute best we can for our company, our customers and each other.
What makes a successful Systems Engineer?
Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Problem Solver
Presales Systems Engineer
Dell provides the technology that transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company — we are a people company. We inspire, challenge and respect every one of our over 100,000 employees. We also provide them with unparalleled growth and development opportunities. Within the EMEA Inside Sales SE Pre-Sales team at Dell EMC, we are looking for an Presales Systems Engineer to join our team in Paris, France.
The Presales Systems Engineer is part of the EMEA Inside Sales SE Pre-Sales team at Dell EMC. The core accountability of the role is to provide pre-sales support to one of the Inside Sales Enterprise teams based in Paris, London, Amsterdam, Munich or Sweden. We are currently recruiting for a French speaking Presales System Engineer to be based in Paris (Bezons). This is a hybrid SE role with regular client visits.
The Presales Systems Engineer works closely with the hybrid Sales Reps and helps develop the most appropriate technical solutions to meet the customer’s IT needs which typically includes Data Storage, Back Up and Recovery and Cloud Computing technologies. As member of the EMEA Pre-Sales Organization, the role vastly contributes to the completion of the Pre-Sales mission: Get the Technical Win.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
· Directly engage on customer opportunities to position the technical value of the Dell EMC solution leveraging all the tools and capabilities available
· Advise Inside Sales Reps (ISR’s) in all technical pre-sales support functions, providing technical advice to ISR’s and align focus with Partners on the best solutions
· Provide pre-sales support to ISR’s on customer conference calls at various stages of the sales cycle
· Provide demos of Dell EMC products through WebEx and/or similar on-line tools
· Develop and respond to RFP’s as requested from aligned Partners and ISR’s
· Mentor and assist other System Engineering members in ongoing opportunities
· Assist on the technical enablement of new sales and presales members
· Prepare detailed topologies and architectures of customer site, before and after proposed new solutions
· Provide competitive support and effectively deal with objection handling situations
Personal Training and Development
· Work continuously to develop System Engineering skill sets on Dell EMC solutions
· Achieve Dell EMC Proven Professional qualifications and maintain them (Associate, Specialist and ideally Expert)
· Complete Quarterly Sales Accreditation training
· Attend new product training and deliver training back to group
Required Qualifications, Experience and Skills
· Bachelor degree in a technical discipline (or equivalent)
· 2+ years of work experience in a technical IT role, e.g. as network or systems administrator
· 1+ year experience in a customer facing role
· Storage (SAN and/or NAS)
· Backup and Recovery knowledge/experience
· Virtualization knowledge (Desirable)
· Strong communication, training and presentation skills
· Fluency in both English and French
Preferred Qualifications, Experience and Skills
· Information Storage Management (ISM) and/or Dell EMC Proven Professional Certification
· Server knowledge (Windows, UNIX or Linux) is a plus
· Knowledge of Dell EMC products such as Unity, Compellent, VMAX, Isilon, Recoverpoint, Avamar and Data Domain
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
If you have the talent to forge powerful alliances that drive human progress through technology, this is your opportunity to develop with Dell. Apply now!
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.
Job Family: Systems-Engineer Engineering Job ID: R028438
Global Sales at Dell
We believe that technology is essential for driving human progress, and we’re committed to providing that technology to people and organizations everywhere so they can transform the way they work and live. Join our sales team and be a part of our story.Learn More About Global Sales
Learn what it's like to work in the Paris Office.Explore this location
Rewards & Development
It's simple. We believe in rewarding our team members for a job well done, investing in their professional development and filling the majority of our open positions internally.
Health & Wellness
As part of our overall rewards, we offer benefits programs designed to help you maintain a healthy lifestyle. These benefits are based on your location, so please ask your recruiter for more details.
Dell’s Connected Workplace program offers new ways to work and enables eligible team members to choose the style that best fulfills their needs, both in their job and their personal life.
You may be eligible for other programs in your location including employee purchase program, paid time away from work, financial and savings programs and more. Talk to your recruiter for more details on what benefits programs are available in your location.
Our culture is defined by our values and made real every day by how we work and lead. We know our culture is the foundation for all we’ve achieved, and for all the success ahead of us. Don't take it just from us – see what our employees say in our annual "Tell Dell" results.
- 90% My leader cares about my well-being both professionally and personally.
- 93% I am proud that I never have to worry about Dell Technologies showing up in a headline damaging our ethical reputation.
- 90% My job means more to me than just a paycheck and benefits
- 94% I believe flexible work arrangements (e.g., working remote, mobile, telework, etc.) at Dell Technologies contribute positively to our performance as a company.