Customer Success Manager (France)
Primary Location: ,Paris La Defense Cedex
Customer Success Manager (France)
Ready to build? So are we. Come join VMware’s new exciting Modern Applications Platform Business Unit (MAPBU), made up of products and services under theTanzuportfolio to help customers build, run and manage their most important applications. We build applications with velocity to run in a cloud-native environment, run open-source Kubernetes with consistency, and manage our customers’ entire footprint with confidence to help them achieve their business outcomes.
The VMware MAPBU is seeking a Customer Success Manager (CSM) to drive a program of success and renewal for key strategic customer accounts. The Customer Success Manager owns the Customer Lifecycle for a set of our valued customers, beginning with customer onboarding and implementation, through adoption and enablement, and renewal achievement. A successful CSM builds impeccable relationships and is highly skilled at achieving trusted advisor and customer advocate status. The CSM owns and works closely with the Sales Team designing and executing customer success plans to ensure our customer objectives are truly met, and accountability for renewals.
This individual should be a highly motivated, strategic thinker who can guide, inspire, coach, and mentor customers, but who is also capable and willing to get deeply involved in day-to-day tasks. In addition to focusing on customer satisfaction and guaranteeing renewals, the Customer Success Manager must also have a long-term perspective and vision as the trusted advisor and primary escalation point for existing customers.
- Owns overall customer strategy development and execution including both external and internal communications.
- Drive forward the customer lifecycle to ensure customer and VMWare MAPBU mutual success. Take full accountability for your accounts in all aspects: Anticipating customer needs and proactively addressing them throughout the customer lifecycle, demonstrating lead time awareness, ensuring a frictionless renewal process, and ultimately positioning your accounts for growth.
- Collaborate with clients to build and manage Customer Success Plans to aid the customer in achieving their objectives with the Tanzu Product Suite.
- Ensure timely and successful customer on-boarding, enablement, and training to help customers realize the business value of our partnership and offerings.
- Deliver customers to the contract renewal cycle in a successful state and support the renewals process to maximize customer retention.
- Synthesize disparate observations and data to provide an objective assessment of account health, and proactively take action to improve account health score as part of the renewal strategy.
- Maintain customer satisfaction by engaging the right VMware teams, removing roadblocks, and influencing product roadmaps in support of our existing customers.
- Help to identify, generate and facilitate additional revenue leveraging the sales team to close additional commercial opportunities.
- Guide and support customers through the organizational changes needed to unlock the full value of the cloud, and help them staff, train, and align their people and partners to deliver on their cloud transformation.
- Develop services plan, and overall services alignment, to drive appropriate levels of enablement and adoption for long term growth and consumption of products
- Assist with support escalation to ensure critical, business impacting issues are organized and resolved as quickly as possible.
- Ability to understand and communicate technical concepts and business value to business stakeholders, up to and including executive leadership. Example: translating the use of the Tanzu platform to drive business results and impact on the workforce
- Delivers clear messages when speaking using appropriate verbal and nonverbal communication
- Facilitation and presentation skills comfortable up to executive leadership and large group settings
Initiative And Problem Solving
- Actively seeks solutions to problems before being asked or directed.
- Able to exercise good judgment by making timely and effective, well-informed decisions.
- Experience working under deadlines and multiple projects
- Ability to use negotiation skills to constructively resolve differences and ensure an integrated solution is presented to the client
- Analytical and conceptual thinking
- Collaboration and effectiveness working in a cross-practice forum
- Adaptable and flexible: Ability to adapt to changing work environments, work priorities and organizational needs.
- Alignment with VMware’s core values ofEPIC2: Execute, Passion, Integrity, Customers, Community
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, computer science, engineering, or similar field of study preferred
- 5 - 7+ years of experience in customer success, program management, and/or equivalent
- Proficiency and knowledge of the cloud-native SDLC, demonstrated command of technical concepts and agile practices.
- Previous experience with SaaS based solutions.
- Demonstrated willingness to aggressively learn new things.
If you are passionate about this opportunity but don’t meet 100% of the requirements, we encourage you to apply.
This position is eligible for TanzuChallenge referral campaign
Category : Sales
Subcategory: Services Sales
Experience: Business Leadership
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Posted Date: 2021-02-26
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law. Job ID: R2103593