Manager, Solution Engineering - Hybrid Cloud Infrastructure, France
Primary Location: ,Paris La Defense Cedex
The Manager of Solutions Engineering, Hybrid Cloud Infrastructure (HCI) France is responsible for leading a team of highly skilled Solutions Engineers in supporting the growth of our HCI business.
You will be responsible for driving the business from a pre-sales/technical perspective in close partnership with key stakeholders in sales, business unit, supporting functions and corporate teams.
You will need to recruit and retain the most capable solution engineers to support VMware’s growth objectives, whilst promoting Diversity and Inclusion. You will also be engaged in account management activities such as the development of account strategy, high-level presentations, problem resolution, relationship development, and coordination of corporate resource involvement supporting the HCI business in SEMEA.
Develop and lead a team of HCI Solutions Engineers that can gain customer confidence and promote the benefits of VMware Hybrid Cloud Infrastructure solutions. The Manager of Solutions Engineering must be able to:
- manage technical assets with consideration for sales success as well as financial effectiveness.
- hire, motivate, develop, and retain quality Solution Engineers who are capable of continuing and enhancing VMware's success in best serving our customers.
- evangelize VMware’s vision and message as it pertains our Hybrid Cloud Solutions both internally as well as externally to appropriate constituents.
- Coordination of strategic development of resources within the SEMEA region, including career development planning, approval of training plan, conducting annual performance reviews, coaching/counselling Solution Engineers for their professional growth.
- Review of resource utilization, planning for specialized coverage of all major sales activity areas and review of the resource matching process.
- Hire, motivate, develop and retain team members
- Represent the HCI Pre-Sales team in CEMEA leadership meetings and provide visibility on key activities conducted by the team.
- Update the field and key stakeholders on the important announcements from our Business Unit.
- Participate in regular territory reviews with regional sales directors resulting in a detailed understanding of the top deals in each region.
- Be comfortable sharing VMware’s vision and value proposition, in particular in the context of Hybrid Cloud.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in managing a pre-sales or technical team.
- Experience in managing in a matrix organization is preferred.
- Experience in solutions selling is preferred.
- Technical knowledge in Storage Infrastructure and/or Hyper-Converged Infrastructure is preferred.
- Relationship building skills – ability to establish positive internal relationships with colleagues and management peers
- Strong people management skills including: hiring, developing, motivating and retaining technical sales people and an ability to manage any performance shortfall.
- Ethics and integrity are mandatory values
- Strong verbal and written communications skills as well as excellent presentation skills
- Qualification in business or engineering discipline or equivalent training and industry experience
Category : Sales
Subcategory: Systems Engineering
Experience: Manager and Professional
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Posted Date: 2021-05-07
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law. Job ID: R2108910