PSO Senior Consultant - NSX - France (Paris)
Primary Location: ,Paris La Defense Cedex
As a VMware NSX Senior Consultant within the global PSO Organization, you will be responsible for driving VMware NSX infrastructure integration projects. You will design and implement VMware Network Virtualization and Security solutions based on VMware vSphere, NSX and vRealize Suite technologies.
The PSO team is a phenomenal, dynamic and fun team, always thrilled to welcome new colleagues. We work with our peers from in France, in Europe and in the global organization in an excellent atmosphere to foster people development and value creation for our customers.
What can you expect in this role?
As a technology specialist, empowered to independently conduct small to medium engagements with customers, you will assess client's network infrastructure and the VMware Software-Defined Datacenter solution portfolio. Some of your future assignments:
- Understand and articulate the impact of Network Virtualization and Security to a customer’s physical IP network, operations and future network and networking security architectures
- Craft and plan virtualized network infrastructure roll-outs and migrations with a particular focus on NSX
- You will take part in Hands-on implementation of NSX for enterprise customers
- You actively participate in PSO team meeting by presenting technical project or new product
- You maintain deep technical and business knowledge of cloud computing and networking applications, industry directions, and trends
- Maintain working knowledge of creative architectures
- Show assertive leadership in network virtualization and cloud computing.
- Work in a diverse team of consultants to design and implement sophisticated SDDC solutions comprising VMware product stack
- Contribute to maintain current knowledge of the entire VMware vRealize Suite product stack and Cloud concepts
- Assist in the development of standard and reusable VMware "productized" consulting service offerings and improvements to our methodology, including definition of tasks, expectations and standard estimates
What are the critical skills required to succeed?
- Experience in customer-facing positions as a professional services consultant or engineer, preferably with an IT consulting firm or a network equipment vendor
- Demonstrate a background with enterprise networking projects
- Ability to dedicatedly communicate with Network Architects
- Understand datacenter networking fabric topologies and common architectures deployed both Layer 2 and Layer 3 based
- Certifications: CCDP, CCNP, VCP-NV or similar
- Experience with vSphere, Windows Server
- Desirable - understanding of REST APIs and datacenter automation.
- B.S./B.A./M.S. degree or equivalent technical training
- Excellent communications and interpersonal skills
- Dynamic and creative attitude
- Aptitude to contribute, grow and evolve with the team
- Fluent in English and French is required
Anything else that may be valuable?
- Experience or deep understanding of any of the following cloud management systems: OpenStack, vRealize Automation, vCloud Director (vCD) is desirable
- Ideally, you hold a CCIE or VCIX-NV certification
Equal Opportunity Statement
- We truly believe in the Power of Human Difference. At VMware, we celebrate our people from a wide variety of dynamic backgrounds, experiences and perspectives. We deliver transformative IT solutions by building a community that is inclusive and diverse. The passion and collaboration you will find in joining the team is what makes this opportunity one of the most attractive in the market.
Category : Services and Consulting
Experience: Manager and Professional
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Posted Date: 2021-03-04
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law. Job ID: R2102171