Senior Manager, Solution Engineering
Primary Location: ,Paris La Defense Cedex
The opportunity has arisen for a Senior Solutions Engineering Manager for France. The Manager will have direct responsibility for a territory of SE’s within the France. The successful candidate will ensure the day to day functioning, management, motivation, recruitment, scheduling and training of the Solutions Engineering team (presales). The successful candidate must be able to manage the broad ecosystem of resources (both technical and people) to drive customer success as well as financial performance. The manager must be able to hire, motivate, develop, mentor and retain the highest quality Solutions Engineers who are capable of developing and delivering VMware's wide portfolio of leading edge solutions. In addition to managerial responsibilities the candidate will also be required to assume individual contributor responsibilities by acting as an evangelist, on key customer opportunities, industry events, partner development, support and PR.
- Manage a Solutions Engineering team including; hiring, compensation plans, performance reviews, team/individual goal setting and professional development
- Build a collaborative internal ecosystem to optimize the opportunity for VMWare solutions, including all stakeholders with a major focus on creation and sharing of best practice
- Review of resource utilization, planning for specialized coverage of all major sales activity areas (Direct, Channel, OEM and Marketing), and review of the resource matching process within the territory
- Lead and Manage customer pipeline, sales plays and successful completion of customer engagements
- Act as a major contributor to the development of a partner model and ecosystem to create new routes to market and significant additional revenue streams
- Participation in regular territory reviews with regional sales directors resulting in a detailed understanding of the top 10 deals within the territory
- Development of solutions strategy and long-term coverage plans for the territory
- Effectively represent customer requirements and concerns during VMware product development and support life cycles
- Motivation, development, and retention of all SE’s in the territory
- Significant leadership experience with proven success building & managing world-class systems engineering or architect teams
- Must have excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills and possess strong leadership and troubleshooting abilities.
- Demonstrable experience of public speaking at industry and partner events to large audiences; ideally press trained and experienced in discussing technology trends.
- Enthusiastic, self-starter with a charismatic personality
- Proven track record of selling services as part of a solution
- Ability to see and present "the big picture" and offer solutions to make it better enhance customer success
- Strong customer facing and relationship building skills
- Technical sales or consulting skills are essential
- Must have strong verbal and written communications skills as well as excellent presentation skills
- Demonstrates high ethics and integrity – is respected
- Must be fluent in spoken and written English
Category : Sales
Subcategory: Systems Engineering
Experience: Business Leadership
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Posted Date: 2021-03-27
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law. Job ID: R2106099