Senior Solution Engineer - Hybrid Cloud Infrastructure
Primary Location: ,Paris La Defense Cedex
VMware Hybrid Cloud Infrastructure solutions enable customers to achieve the agility, flexibility, and cost savings required for modern applications.
As a HCI Solutions Engineer, you are recognized as a technical domain advisor in the VMware Modern Applications Platform with expertise in the area of storage who can plan and execute sales campaigns.
Are you a sales engineer as passionate about driving hyper converged infrastructure with your customers? If so, please read on!
Job Role and Responsibilities:
This Pre-sales Solutions Engineer will be technical, needing excellent communication skills, presentations skills, and speaking with crowds at all levels while accelerating the sales cycle, overcoming technical objections, and being the technical expert in the room. You will whiteboard, demonstrate, present technical material, qualify, and engage senior IT personnel in discussing storage & Software Defined Datacenter solutions, as well as Hybrid Cloud strategies.
Among your key responsibilities, you will:
- Work closely with the VMware Sales team and VMware channel during sales cycles and opportunities development:
- Meet customers to promote VMware value proposition and solutions to help accelerate their digital transformation and provide deep dives on VMware’s Hybrid Cloud Infrastructure solutions incl. VMware vSAN and VMware Cloud Foundation.
- Ensure success of customer Proof of concepts or Demo as required and support RFI/RFPs responses.
- Earn to be a trusted advisor in the eyes of the customer
- Drive lead generation activities to build pipeline and identify new opportunities to expand within existing customers in order to achieve and surpass revenue quota targets while securing “Light House” wins at reference accounts.
- Develop & execute on a plan to enable our field teams and channel partners to sell VMware HCI solutions, incl. VMware Sizing & assessment tools, technical knowledge on vSAN & VMware Cloud Foundation, HCI Full stack value proposition, competitive knowledge.
- Partner with VMware Engineering and Product management teams to prioritize customer feature requests into our future product roadmap.
- Collaborate with our support engineers, technical account managers and Professional Services organization to successful customer adoption deployments of VMware HCI solutions.
- 5+ years of experience in a pre-sales role, ideally selling storage, software defined storage and/or hyperconverged solutions.
- Proven experience creating business plans, organizing channel sales campaigns, driving marketing campaigns and sales initiatives - all focused with the end goal of driving quarterly sales targets
- You should have experience and knowledge of various storage technologies/vendors and know how to position SDS/HCI among them.
- Strong IT infrastructure technical skills including x86 Server platforms and virtualization are mandatory.
- Experience solving system level problems including server failure, OS tuning, networking problems, and storage problems
- Strong customer facing presentation skills as well as the ability to build and present high-quality product demonstrations to both technical and executive audiences
- BA/BS or equivalent
Preferred Technical Skills:
We would love to see experience with VMware offerings including
- vSAN 2020 Specialist badge
- VCF VTSP
- VCP certifications (VCP-DCV, VCP-CMP, VCP-NV)
- SRM – Site Recovery Manager
- SAN Storage, Data Protection Solutions
- Familiarity with a broad range of application and infrastructure software is desirable
Category : Sales
Subcategory: Systems Engineering
Experience: Manager and Professional
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Posted Date: 2021-05-06
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law. Job ID: R2108602