Strategic Account Manager, Public Sector
Primary Location: ,Paris La Defense Cedex
Account Manager in Charge of a T1 territory within Public Sector Organization
The Strategic Account Manager is a primary driver for enterprise and transactional business within a limited portfolio of strategic Public Sector accounts.
The objective of this role is to focus on the breadth and depth of business priorities with a client , directly solidifying existing customer contacts whilst identifying and closing new revenue from the full portfolio of VMware products and services with the aim of establishing VMware’s relevance at C level and facilitating multimillion $ Enterprise License Agreements .
Reporting to the Sales Manager, the Strategic Account Manager is motivated by direct customer contact at CXO level and is responsible for selling the complete VMware solution, products, and services within their customer base.
- Achieving personal revenue targets by selling VMware solutions into allocated Enterprise accounts within an assigned geographical region, territory or vertical market. (Approx. 3-5 Accounts)
- Capturing, understanding and analysing specific customer business issues and demands and translating them into VMware solutions to build and maintain C level relationships
- Building focused account plans that ensure new business development and maintain account growth
- Orchestrating VMware’s internal resources to drive sales cycles
- Leveraging companywide marketing and demand generation activities including attendance at specific events e.g. World.
- Accurate forecasting and maintenance of internal sales systems as the opportunity owner and ensuring communication on pipeline status of all revenue streams to line management.
- Closing sales opportunities and negotiating commercial terms and conditions.
- Acting as an evangelist for VMware solutions, services and brand.
Business Acumen Executive Presence Account Management Industry Knowledge (Vertical or Customer) Solution Selling Resource Orchestration Contract Management Drive for Results Effective Customer Communication
- Extensive and relevant experience of selling enterprise software solutions to large enterprise within a high tech environment.
- Track record of building and maintaining relationships and credibility as a trusted advisor at C level.
- Direct experience of negotiating and closing complex contractual agreements (applicants should have experience of Intellectual property rights, commercial liability etc...)
- Proven history of sales achievement and delivery against target
- Must be able to demonstrate experience of leading virtual teams and orchestrating resource for maximum effect
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
Category : Sales
Subcategory: Field Sales
Experience: Business Leadership
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Posted Date: 2021-05-05
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law. Job ID: R2107362