To learn more about how Dell Technologies is supporting our communities, customers, partners and team members, please visit our COVID-19 response site.
Senior Solution Engineer -SLED
Primary Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Senior Solutions Engineer-SLED
At VMware we currently have an excellent opportunity within our Solutions Engineering organization for an experienced Pre-Sales Solutions Engineer (SE) to join our team in the Philadelphia, PA area.
Are you looking to become a member of a talented team of problem solvers and innovators and help shape the future of business in a digital world? If so, we would love to hear from you!
As a VMware Solutions Engineer (SE) you will play a substantial role in building and sustaining customer relationships while driving the adoption of VMware solutions and exceeding our revenue goals. As an SE you will work closely with sales and extended teams to build business relationships and align with customers’ outcomes. As an SE your role will be impactful, visible, and rewarding.
Location: This is a home office-based position (preferred locations: Philadelphia, PA) and will require frequent travel to customer locations throughout the state of Pennsylvania and into parts of New York City
JOB ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work closely with the field sales team to collaborate on customer solutions.
- Understand the customer's business objectives, and match VMware, and Other Partner solutions to achieve customer's business and technical requirements.
- Build long-term business relationships and become a trusted adviser for customers across all lines of business.
- Continuously develop and expand the knowledge of customers' business and mission.
- Create and present solutions that address customers' needs using the VMware portfolio along with third-party solutions.
- Create and present demos that are aligned to customer needs
- Manage the planning and execution of customer Proof of Concepts as required
- Present VMware value proposition, vision and technologies, strategy, and product roadmaps to partners and customer roles including executives, technical management, and technical engineers.
- Pro-actively maintain expertise of VMware technologies via personal enablement and internal training offerings
- Maintain technical and business knowledge of cloud computing applications, industry direction, and trends
- Maintain working knowledge of competitive offerings and architectures
- Work with customers to obtain technical validation of proposed solution and build high-level architecture drawings.
- Assist with financial and infrastructure data collection and creation of customer ROI/TCO reports.
- Assist with preparation of proposals, statements of work, and supporting documents for customers.
- Identify new customer projects for VMware solutions, and participate in demand generating events and activities.
- Provide consistent field reporting, and data input via Salesforce.com
- 8 or more years of experience in information technology (IT).
- Pre-sales or customer facing experience with strong relationship building skills.
- Experience in positioning/selling Professional Services as part of Solution Selling.
- Strong technical comprehension of VMware technologies and the ability to stay current in the latest VMware and partner technologies.
- Ability to effectively present to audiences and adjust to level of role and understanding.
- Ability to uncover business challenges and objectives and develop a documented custom solution to tackle those challenges.
- A balanced infrastructure and software engineering background.
- Ability to develop and effectively communicate business cases and justifications to partners.
- BA/BS required with Masters preferred.
- VCP or equivalent VMware hands-on experience highly preferred.
- Experience in State, Local Government and Education (SLED) market preferred.
- Experience with IT consolidation and technology integration projects which include VMware technology and 3rd party integration or in a cloud native setting.
- Experience with public cloud or hybrid cloud architectures and services is highly desirable.
This job opportunity is not eligible for employment-based immigration sponsorship by VMware
Category : Sales
Subcategory: Systems Engineering
Experience: Manager and Professional
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Posted Date: 2020-09-02
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law. Job ID: R2013336