Technical Account Manager (TAM) | Pittsburgh, PA - Opportunity for Working Remotely
Primary Location: Pittsburgh,Pennsylvania
***LOCATION: Candidates MUST live in/near Pittsburgh PA**
Before you apply, ask yourself…
- Do you “live and breathe” the VMware core stack of products?
- Are your dreams filled with vSphere, vCenter, ESXi, vRealize, vSAN, and VMware Cloud Foundation?
- Do you already have your VCP Certification (or could you get it within the next 90 days)?
- Do you have proven experience with enterprise/global clients?
Technical Account Manager (TAM)
You will consult closely with customers to ensure their satisfaction and return on investment of VMware solutions. You are the customer’s primary liaison into VMware and are accountable for identifying and directly addressing all business and technical issues impacting customer success.
You will engage resources across the entire VMware organization (sales, product management, education, R&D, and support). You will actively expand adoption of VMware solutions within accounts by driving relationships at every level, both internally and externally, to influence positive change. In addition to the customer facing activities, TAMs report key account metrics and insight to VMware internal teams and contribute to TAM program development activities.
- Customer Advocate; extraordinary customer liaison
- Map VMware solutions to the customer’s unique business and technical requirements to ensure strategic long-term value
- Understand the customer’s relevant business challenges while functioning as a trusted advisor for “best practices” and drive adoption of VMware solutions within your assigned accounts
- Agility: respond to the needs of your customers with confidence and ease
- Provide project leadership, coordination and architectural guidance for the customer’s major VMware initiatives
- Maintain high-level technical knowledge of core VMware solutions and future product direction
- Manage and own contending requests across multiple client engagements
- Provide clear and constructive product feedback to VMware product management teams based on customer use-cases and requirements
- Support customer business objectives by effectively bringing to bear TAM program deliverables
- 4+ years experience with VMware’s core stack of products
- 2+ years experience in client-facing role
- Must have VMware Certified Professional Certification (VCP) 6 or greater certification preferred (or be able to get it within 90 days)
- Location: Candidates must live in the greater Pittsburgh area.
- Travel: Ability to travel up to 30% regionally (NOTE: Most travel will be local from your home office to clients iwithin the nearby region, and there will likely be a few out of state client visits and/or 3-4 conferences or training that require travel throughout the year once COVID travel restrictions are lifted)
- Must have proven experience with global/enterprise-level accounts
- Degree: Bachelor’s degree preferred or demonstrated equivalent experience
- Business insight and problem-solving skills with the ability to influence change
- Understanding of consulting processes (project lifecycle, road map alignment)
- Validated technical background in at least 1 of the following areas: data center infrastructure, operating systems, desktop deployments, mobility, networking, security, system administration and technical architecture; preferably with industry certifications
- Excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills including the ability to interact, communicate and build relationships with all levels of personnel
- Agile and able to adjust quickly to many different situations and challenges
- Effective at working independently and in a virtual team setting
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to handle contending client demands
Our people transform the impossible into the essential. We challenge the status quo by inventing better ways of doing things. Our culture is one of possibilities. Where everyone is empowered to achieve success on their own terms. And together, we are crafting the future of business in a digital world.
At VMware, we have EPIC2 Values - Execution, Passion, Integrity, Customers, and Community are what define us. Learn more about our values on our careers website: http://www.vmware.com/company/careers/life-at-vmware.html. We want to hire epic people who enhance our diverse culture – people who will push us, amaze us and drive us forward. In return, we offer the freedom to define and lead your future. VMware diversity: http://www.vmware.com/company/careers/people-at-vmware.html
This job requisition is not eligible for employment-based immigration sponsored by VMware
Category : Services and Consulting
Subcategory: Technical Account Management
Experience: Manager and Professional
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Posted Date: 2021-06-10
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law. Job ID: R2111391