Senior Manager - Customer Success Operations - Opportunity for Working Remotely
Primary Location: Portland,Oregon
Atlanta,GA,USA; Burlington,Massachusetts,USA; Austin,TX,USA;
At VMware, we lead with putting the customer at the center of everything we do. Now, we are preparing for the next evolution of VMware as an even more customer-centric, cloud-ready company by creating a unified Customer Experience and Success Team. After many months of speaking with our customers and studying best practices in the software industry, VMware is excited to have launched a brand new integrated and agile organization that can deliver a best-in-class customer experience at scale. This new organization will help to take VMware to the next level of customer satisfaction and success through designed and reconciled winning customer experiences, programmatic success services, and laser focused commitment to our customers and raising VMware’s Net-Promoter Score (NPS). Additionally, Customer Experience and Success will help support and accelerate VMware’s transformation to a software-as-a-service company.
We are adding a Senior Manager, Customer Success Cross-Franchise Operations, to help drive operational consistency and best practices in conjunction with VMware’s specialist CS delivery teams. The mission of this new role is to build from the ground up a common – yet adaptable to the unique characteristics of each Franchise – framework to ensure organizational alignment across Multi-Cloud, Networking, and End User Computing Franchises and also within CXS. This role will be a crucial member of our team as we centralize our Customer Success strategy and execution and look to drive operational effectiveness across the entire organization. This role reports into the Director of Customer Success Operations & Insights.
The ideal candidate is collaborative, data-driven, passionate about Customer Success, and proficient in building out new processes and procedures that make our business run smoother, quicker, and smarter while thriving in a complex environment. You will have the ability to combine operations acumen and analytical skills to help us get the most value for our customers across the portfolio. You will work with Customer Success delivery leaders, Franchise operations leaders, and Operations teams across VMware to form interlocks built on shared views of leading and lagging indicators triggering actions to increase adoption and/or mitigate risk.
If you enjoy leading cross-functional efforts to solve complex problems, and designing programs that meet business requirements, then this growth opportunity is for you. Your ability to influence others and reach favorable outcomes is one of your greatest assets.
CS Cross-Franchise Operations Deliverables:
- Define and document respective roles and responsibilities among multiple customer-facing teams for managing risk, creating mitigation plans, and driving retention plays
- Design and help launch shared process, shared customer data, and common set of standards to facilitate interlocks among these teams
- Define and manage the evolution and adoption of Gainsight to meet business needs. Fully leverage the Gainsight investment to support customer management processes. Interface into CS systems team
- Gather requirements for and design approaches for supporting a closed-loop process to share knowledge about customer risk or expansion opportunities
- Measure the direct impact of your work via shared KPI goals and definitions
What is in it for you?
- You will be a key member of the VMware team that has built a rare business environment -- one of energy, creativity, collegiality and collaboration
- You will join an atmosphere that is fun casual and inviting, in keeping with VMware's roots as a successful entrepreneurial start up.
- You will have the opportunity deliver impactful results to the Customer Experience and Success team while building your skillset and experience
- Drive alignment with cross-functional and cross-VMware teams to deliver key business results.
- Lead initiatives and projects aimed at addressing key strategic and operational challenges.
- Enable shared understanding of and visibility to critical metrics and insights measuring business performance
- Identify opportunities and drive initiatives for improving the effectiveness of Customer Success.
- Programs include: managing cross-franchise interlocks, enabling strategic business reviews at Customer Success Ops Council sessions, and building a foundation for unified communications
*Please be sure to note your experience with the below on your resume
- Highly experienced in Customer Success or Sales Operations functions with proven success in operations management in a global fast-growing hybrid SaaS software and technology environment. Cybersecurity software experience a plus
- 8-10 years professional experience in global s/w or technology brands, with at least 5 years in customer/sales operations management roles. Customer-facing functional management experience an advantage.
- Strong business acumen; an innovative customer operations practitioner with a strong customer-centric mindset, excellent program management skills, highly detail-oriented, experience at managing teams and projects with highly effective stakeholder management skills
- Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills, successful at coaching and developing others, working through others, and demonstrating the ability to achieve the full potential of team members
- Role models VMware’s EPIC2 values and leads through our Leadership code
- Advanced degree desired (Finance/MBA, MIS, Strategy or related discipline)
- Experience with Gainsight and other CS tools
- Intermediate Excel (+ ability to work with and extract insights from large datasets), Visio, and PowerPoint a must
- Professional services background is an advantage
Please Note: This job requisition is not eligible for employment-based immigration sponsorship by VMware.
Category : Business Strategy and Operations
Subcategory: Business Operations Analyst
Experience: Business Leadership
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Posted Date: 2021-03-19
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law. Job ID: R2103736