Analyst, IT Security (SOC Operations) - Secureworks - Pune, India
Primary Location: India
Secureworks® (NASDAQ: SCWX) a global cybersecurity leader, enables our customers and partners to outpace and outmaneuver adversaries with more precision, so they can rapidly adapt and respond to market forces to meet their business needs. With a unique combination of cloud-native, SaaS security platform and intelligence-driven security solutions, informed by 20+ years of threat intelligence and research, no other security platform is grounded and informed with this much real-world experience. www.secureworks.com
We enjoy competitive compensation and benefits packages, and reward and recognize our employees for exceptional results. A constant focus on continued learning and growth keeps our team members engaged and excited about “what’s next.” We offer flexible work options when available, and emphasize the importance of work-life balance. We know that when our people are rewarded, recognized, and rejuvenated, we win as a team.
This opportunity is for an experienced software engineer to lead a team to develop and sustain Security Analytics applications, APIs, Visualizations and third party analytics integration services.
Be part of an exciting team that deals with bleeding-edge information security attacks and incident response situations on a daily basis.
As a Security Operations Center (SOC) Analyst within SecureWorks’ Managed Security Services (MSS) division you will aid in the management and monitoring of client IDS, IPS, firewall, DDoS mitigation, UTM, log management, and other devices.
Working in a security operations center environment with fellow security and networking professionals you will gain the skills necessary to identify client security breaches and act as a security advocate for a number of well-established global enterprise clients. You will leverage various internal platforms and use your in-depth understanding of exploits and vulnerabilities in order to provide network and data security for our clients.
You will be responsible for performing highly detail-oriented work that involves performing security threat analysis of various malware and web attacks, scheduling IDS signature platform updates and working with clients to remediate security related issues based on operational needs.
The Security Operations Center (SOC) Security Analyst is a member of a team who proactively manages IT security on behalf of customer to reduce the impact of security incidents and system compromises. The successful candidate will provide security monitoring, event analysis, and countermeasure proposals. This position requires shift work in a 24/7/365 environment.
Client is a Financial Sector MNC.
Positions are based in Pune, India.
2 – 4 years in SOC, Incident Response, Security Analysis, Security Monitoring, Security Incident Management.
Role and Responsibilities:-
• Recognize successful cyber intrusions and compromises through log review and analysis of relevant event detail information.
• Launch and track security investigations to resolution. Recognize cyber attacks based on their signatures. Differentiate the false positives from true intrusion attempts and help remediate / prevent.
• Analyze and assess security incidents and escalate to client resources or appropriate internal teams for additional assistance.
• Actively investigate the latest in security vulnerabilities, advisories, incidents, and penetration techniques and notify client when appropriate.
• Perform tasks as identified in a Security Operations Process Manual and runbooks.
• Coordinate with Client's internal teams for relevant security incident investigations.
• Conduct periodic Vulnerability Assessment and Reporting.
• Customer-oriented with a strong interest in client satisfaction.
• The ability to learn new technology and concepts quickly
• Contribute individually for continuous improvement, being a role model to others.
• Coach and mentor junior peers when called upon to do so.
• BE / B. Tech / MCA or graduate with relevant IT & Cyber security experience
• Must have at least 4-7 years of experience working in SOC/NOC environment.
• Knowledge of the following:-
SIEM, IDS/IPS, Endpoint Protection, Firewalls, Proxy
Security Analysis, Forensics, Incident Response, Pentesting, Vulnerability Assessment
• Hands on knowledge of implementation and management of Intrusion detection systems (IDS/IPS), Firewall, VPN, and other security products is an added advantage.
• Should have good knowledge on TCP/IP network traffic and event log analysis,
• Certifications Preferred:
Comptia Security +
• Good communication & presentation skills.
Secureworks is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind. Secureworks, a Dell Technologies company, is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Secureworks are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Secureworks will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.Job ID: R072699