Member of Technical StaffPune,Maharashtra 03/26/2020
VMware is looking for Software Engineer to join our VMware’s NSX team. NSX is a key component of VMware’s software defined datacenter (SDDC) and allows our customers to build, host and deploy applications in their cloud.
You will design and implemente the next generation of networking applications using your expertise in distributed systems, software technologies and open source tools to solve difficult customer use cases and delight them in the process. You will be part of a bright engineering team that has open communication, innovation, empowerment and a customer success culture. You will collaborate with cross functional teams on innovative projects, with the authority and scope to apply your expertise in a fast-paced and technically driven environment.
We are interested in engineers who love building robust and scalable systems, We're looking for ideas and skills from every area of computer science, including distributed systems, large-scale system design, networking and security. We hire engineers who can tackle hard problems in new areas and help define new markets.
- Design and implementation in Java to manage and enable robust, scalable, high-volume applications.
- Implement unit and integration tests in Java and Python.
- Lead and contribute significantly to engineering projects spanning multiple groups and team members.
- Ensure standards and procedures are being adhered to. Mentor engineers into the core development processes.
- Work and adhere to iterative software development
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as requested or required.
- Benchmark with other commercial and open source offerings and identify opportunities for optimization.
- Periodically travel may be required to interact with customers, users as well as remote team in Palo Alto.
- BS in Computer Science/related technical field or equivalent practical experience.
-5+ years of general software programming experience in Java or C++.
- Experience of Python, knowledge of TCP/IP and database internals will be plus.
- Software development experience on Linux is preferred
- Should have experience of development of large scale applications - web infrastructure, distributed systems, database replication, high availability etc.
- Ability to technically lead engineering teams to deliver projects.
- Knowledge of distributed systems, virtualization, networking and security constructs and open source software is preferred.
We are bold, we are not afraid to question the status-quo. We promote innovation that disrupts industry. We embrace diversity and folks who think different. We dream big and we have the passion and drive to make those dreams a reality and have fun doing it!
VMware is an equal opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Category : Engineering and Technology
Subcategory: Software Engineering
Experience: Manager and Professional
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Work From Home: No
Posted Date: 2020-03-26
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law. Job Family: Software-Engineering Job ID: R1913959