Principal Engineer-HCI(ESXi, , vCenter, SRM, VSAN, NSX V/T)
Primary Location: India
People make Dell – so wherever in the world they work, everyone is rewarded for their contribution. Ready to develop your career in a truly global company? Dell EMC Managed Services span infrastructure, engineered solutions, and end users. Engineered Solutions encompasses our expertise in cloud solutions comprised of different best-of-breed products from Dell Technologies businesses such as Virtustream, VMware, and Pivotal. These cloud platforms include Dell EMC Converged Infrastructure, Hybrid Cloud and Native Hybrid Cloud with VMware and Pivotal. Within the Infrastructure Managed Services at Dell EMC, we are looking for a Principal Engineer, Service Delivery to join our team in Pune
Company Details: Dell is a collective of customer-obsessed, industry-leading visionaries. At our core is a commitment to diversity, sustainability and our communities. We believe in working together to build a brighter future, celebrating the entrepreneurial spirit that lives inside us all, and marrying innovation with action. Dell is proud to offer unparalleled growth and development opportunities for our team members. We believe that technology is essential for driving human progress, and we’re committed to providing that technology to people and organizations everywhere, so they can transform the way they work and live.
Why Work for Us: Dell is primed to recruit the best and brightest candidates from all across the globe. We take pride in fostering a winning, innovative, inclusive employee culture. We also take calculated risks and we celebrate big victories when they pay off.
Job Summary: The Infra Principal Engineer, Service Delivery will be responsible for providing the primary management, administration, support, and ongoing maintenance of customer Infrastructure Platforms within a 24x7x365 environment and data center environment. This role must be able to understand, execute, and document moderate to complex operational tasks and work requests that are assigned and have experience in moderate to complex research and fact finding using various tools and informational sources.
The role will be expected to work in a positive and collaborative fashion with fellow team members, senior engineering/architect staff, vendors, and customers. The Infra Delivery Specialist will assist with process maturation, development, technical standards creation, and drive operational excellence through consistent delivery and best practices. This role will also include the core fundamentals of day-to-day operations, based off the ITIL v3 methodology.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs
- Provide support per request from various constituencies. Investigate and troubleshoot issues
- Repair and recover from hardware or software failures. Coordinate and communicate with impacted constituencies
- Perform preventative maintenance (and upgrade, as required) on devices, and related peripherals to meet IT specifications
- Identify system performance issues and drives the development of tools to correct
- Ensure that the technical environment is properly monitored and that any problems are rectified
- The work environment is 24/7 rotating shifts and will cover weekends and weekdays.
- 8+ years of Experience in remote IT Infrastructure support of global enterprise clients
- 6+ years’ experience with Vblock, VxRack and VxRail. This experience should include the planning, deployment, configuration and administration.
- Hands on experience in handling SDDC environment
- Exposure to Vmware Cloud foundation technologies on Dell Platforms (HCI VxRail, VxBlock, Compute, Storage and Networking)
- Strong 12+ years’ experience with VMware ESXi, , vCenter, SRM, VSAN, NSX V/T is expected. This experience should include the planning, deployment, configuration and administration of host systems and virtual machines
- Expert in managing End-to-end infrastructure and IT management for Converged/HCI, Storage, Cloud Applications, Platform Infrastructure, Data Protection
- VMware Certified Professional (VCP) preferred
- Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) preferred
- EMCSA, EMCTA Storage Certifications preferred
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
Our Culture Code unites us and makes us a great family of companies and a great place to work. It’s how we run the business, go to market, work together and provide inspirational leadership. Our culture code is defined by our values and are made real every day by defining expectations for how we work and how we lead.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.Job ID: R077400