Software Quality Senior Engineer
Primary Location: Pune, India
Software Quality Senior Engineer
The Software Engineering team delivers next-generation software application enhancements and new products for a changing world. Working at the cutting edge, we design and develop software for platforms, peripherals, applications and diagnostics — all with the most advanced technologies, tools, software engineering methodologies and the collaboration of internal and external partners.
Join us to do the best work of your career and make a profound social impact as a [Principal Software Engineer] on our [Software Engineering] team in [Pune].
What you will achieve
As a Software senior QA engineer for CloudIQ validation for ObjectScale and PowerScale storage platforms, you will be a member of the Unstructured Storage CloudIQ team based in Pune, India.
As a Senior Software Quality Engineer, you will develop, revise and maintain test plans, test cases and automated test scripts that include resource requirements, schedule assumptions and scope based on pre-determined product requirements. You will work with Product Development, Product Management and the Customer Support teams to ensure product quality and customer satisfaction. You will collaborate to develop comprehensive test plans across Dell’s product portfolio. You will also have the opportunity to drive continual process improvements for the evolution of testing procedures and their future replication.
CloudIQ is a SaaS application that non-disruptively provides comprehensive health scores for Storage systems through cloud-based proactive monitoring and intelligent, predictive analytics. The person will be part of the team which will be responsible for building PowerScale and ObjectScale features in CloudIQ for both CapEx and Storage-As-a-Service (Project APEX) clusters.
- Contribute to test automation activities by coding and programming in current languages.
- Develop new and re-evaluate existing test methodologies and processes
- Provide requirements and specifications for the automation of test cases
- Be responsible for delivery of subsystem, anticipating issues and addressing proactively
- Author and execute test cases and testing methodology for manual and automated tests
Take the first step towards your dream career
Every Dell Technologies team member brings something unique to the table. Here’s what we are looking for with this role:
- Experience in Cloud related technologies.
- Experience in quality tools, data and processes.
- Problem solving skills and advanced grasp of big picture impact in development of solutions
- Strong written, verbal and presentation skills
- Strong knowledge of network file systems and/or object storage systems.
- Familiarity with scripting languages, Perl or Shell scripting in open systems environments
- Knowledge of Virtualization or Data Storage technologies is desirable.
- Ability to effectively communicate and achieve results in a geographically dispersed team
Here is our story; now tell us yours
Dell Technologies is a unique family of businesses that helps organizations build their digital future and transform how they work, live and play—providing customers with the industry’s broadest and most innovative technology and services portfolio. We value our customers, winning together, innovation, results and integrity. Grow your career with a highly salary, bonus programs, world-class benefits and unparalleled learning and development opportunities— all at a company that is proud to be diverse and inclusive. Learn more on how we are closing the diversity gap.
Closing date: 31 July 2021
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment plans at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages. Read the full Employment Opportunity Policy here.Job ID: R095451