Software Senior Development Engineer - Security Engineering
Primary Location: Pune, India
Senior Software Engineer
The Software Engineering team delivers next-generation application enhancements and new products for a changing world. Working at the cutting edge, we design and develop software for platforms, peripherals, applications and diagnostics — all with the most advanced technologies, tools, software engineering methodologies and the collaboration of internal and external partners.
Join us as a Senior Software Engineer on our Engineering Development team in Pune, India to do the best work of your career and make a profound social impact.
What you’ll achieve
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will be responsible for developing sophisticated systems and software basis the customer’s business goals, needs and general business environment creating software solutions.
• Contribute to the design and architecture and implementation of high-quality, complex systems and software/storage environments
• Prepare, review and evaluate software/storage specifications for products and systems
• Contribute to the development and implementation of test strategies for complex software products and systems/for storage products and systems
Some Specific details about the Role
PowerScale, a division of Dell EMC, is the leader in scale-out storage systems and is transforming the way data is stored. At the forefront of the Big Data movement, our highly parallelized, distributed architecture has completely redefined the storage model. PowerScale OneFS clustered storage and data management solutions enables enterprises and research organizations world-wide to manage massive and rapidly growing amounts of file/block based data in a highly-scalable, easy-to-manage, and cost effective way.
Career paths at Dell EMC are paved by those who believe they have the ability to make a difference in the company they work for. At Dell EMC, the opportunity to innovate presents itself daily. Our core values require a “customers first” and “be your best” attitude every day. We also encourage you to do whatever it takes to further engineering as a whole, the company, and your career. If you are passionate about these things, Dell EMC has a great career opportunity for you!
We are looking for aSenior level Software Development Engineer to join our Security Engineering team. This team is a key part of Isilon’s engineering organization focused on minimizing the attack surface of the Isilon software base. We do this by finding and fixing security vulnerabilities in a responsive manner using a variety of design, code inspection, and testing techniques. A crucial element of the job is to rapidly and autonomously assess a potential security vulnerability to enable timely responses to customers. The ideal person for this role also has the unique opportunity to become a security expert in all aspects of the Isilon software stack. The opportunity exists for this person to become a valued resource for all engineering to drive initiatives to reduce attack surface, including campaign work to deliver new features in upcoming releases of OneFS.
Applicants need an interest in systems, networking, security, and should be fearless in frequently transitioning between user space and kernel space, and between programming (C) and scripting (Python) languages. Applicants also need to have an interest and passion to mentor other team members to develop a culture of technical excellence and high quality execution.
Take the first step towards your dream career
Every Dell Technologies team member brings something unique to the table. Here’s what we are looking for with this role:
- At least4yearsof experience developing production quality code for products or services
- Excellent C/C++ design, coding and debugging skills
- Excellent software architecture, design, implementation, test, debugging and problem solving skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- BS or MS in Computer Science or related technical areas or equivalent work experience
- Excellent problem solving skills, creative, highly motivated self-starter and learner
- Be a team player - we are a close-knit team and the ability to interact well with fellow team members is crucial
- Familiarity with LDAP, NIS, NTLM and Kerberos protocols
- Understanding of public and symmetric key cryptography
- Exposure to the Windows security model, including Active Directory, SIDs, ACLs, etc.
- Understanding of POSIX users, groups and ACLs
- Knowledge of networking protocols such as TCP/IP, UDP, IPSEC
- Knowledge of SMB, NFS, HTTP and FTP file transfer protocols
- Client/server network services using POSIX/Windows sockets
- Experience with network analysis tools: Wireshark, tcpdump, Netmon, etc
- Familiarity with the FreeBSD or other POSIX/UNIX operating systems
- Understanding of Security Development Lifecycle
- Understanding of vulnerabilities and prevention methods for web based threats (such as XSS, CSRF, Command Injection, session handling)
Here’s our story; now tell us yours
Dell Technologies helps organizations and individuals build a brighter digital tomorrow. Our company is made up of more than 150,000 people, located in over 180 locations around the world. We’re proud to be a diverse and inclusive team and have an endless passion for our mission to drive human progress.
What’s most important to us is that you are respected, feel like you can be yourself and have the opportunity to do the best work of your life -- while still having a life. We offer excellent benefits, bonus programs, flexible work arrangements, a variety of career development opportunities, employee resource groups, and much more.
We started with computers, but we didn’t stop there. We are helping customers move into the future with multi-cloud, AI and machine learning through the most innovative technology and services portfolio for the data era. Join us and become a part of what’s next in technology, starting today.
You can also learn more about us by reading our latest Diversity and Inclusion Report and our plan to make the world a better place by 2030 here.
Application closing date: NA
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages. Read the full Equal Employment Opportunity Policy here.
Job ID: R098511