Software Senior Engineer
Primary Location: Pune, India
Senior Software Engineer
The Software Engineering team delivers next-generation application enhancements and new products for a changing world. Working at the cutting edge, we design and develop software for platforms, peripherals, applications and diagnostics — all with the most advanced technologies, tools, software engineering methodologies and the collaboration of internal and external partners.
Join us as a Senior Software Engineer on our Engineering Development team in Pune to do the best work of your career and make a profound social impact.
What you’ll achieve
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will be responsible for developing sophisticated systems and software basis the customer’s business goals, needs and general business environment creating software solutions.
• Understands the benefit of teams, and works well within them
• Collaborates well with other engineers and engineering groups; voluntarily shares information
• Possesses strong communication skills: verbal & written
• Self-starting with high integrity and initiative; energetic, out-going, friendly
• Thought leadership with passion for process improvement and attention to detail
• Ability to handle complex assignments and adapt in a dynamic, growth-oriented company
Take the first step towards your dream career
Every Dell Technologies team member brings something unique to the table. Here’s what we are looking for with this role:
• Collaborate with team members on big data systems: component architecture, ingest / digest, data transformations, analysis
• Liaise with IT, LabOps and Security as our team's primary contact
• Maintain the health of the environments running our business-critical applications
• Install, configure, administer and support the LAMP stack
• Monitor our infrastructure: Nagios, Thruk, purpose-built monitors
• Ensure our environments comply with standards, mandates, and patch levels
• Maintain our machine inventory and processing & storage capacity: acquire, decommission
• Administer systems: backups, disaster recovery measures
• Engage support partners to resolve hardware, OS, and networking issues
• Project manage and mitigate the effects of planned infrastructure events
• Administer github, Jenkins
• Offer proposed design changes & suggestions to processes and products
• Exercise considerable latitude to determine technical objectives, with limited direction
• 5–8 years of related experience
• Experienced in:
• LAMP stack
• Linux administration
• BASH scripting
• Regular expressions (regex)
• Beneficial technologies:
• Postgres and/or MySQL
• Microsoft Teams
• Presentation software; e.g. Microsoft PowerPoint
• Execution of the software development lifecycle
• User-centric focus with ability to communicate clearly; quickly understands business needs
• Minimum MS in CS, EE or similar technical degree; or 3 – 5 years equivalent experience
Here’s our story; now tell us yours
Dell Technologies helps organizations and individuals build a brighter digital tomorrow. Our company is made up of more than 150,000 people, located in over 180 locations around the world. We’re proud to be a diverse and inclusive team and have an endless passion for our mission to drive human progress.
What’s most important to us is that you are respected, feel like you can be yourself and have the opportunity to do the best work of your life -- while still having a life. We offer excellent benefits, bonus programs, flexible work arrangements, a variety of career development opportunities, employee resource groups, and much more.
We started with computers, but we didn’t stop there. We are helping customers move into the future with multi-cloud, AI and machine learning through the most innovative technology and services portfolio for the data era. Join us and become a part of what’s next in technology, starting today.
You can also learn more about us by reading our latest Diversity and Inclusion Report and our plan to make the world a better place by 2030 here.
Application closing date: DD Month YYYY
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages. Read the full Equal Employment Opportunity Policy here.
Job ID: R098309