Sr. Program Manager, Fulfillment, Provisioning and License Management
Primary Location: Pune,Maharashtra
Sr. Program Manager, Fulfillment, Provisioning and License Management
Locations: Bangalore, India
VMware is the leader in virtualization and cloud infrastructure solutions that enable our more than 500,000 customers to thrive in the Cloud Era by simplifying, automating, and transforming the way they build, deliver, and consume Information Technologies. Our team of 30,000+ people working in 120+ locations worldwide is committed to building an environment where great people want to work long-term by living our values of execution, passion, innovation, customers, and community. If you are ready to accelerate and innovate, join us as we challenge constraints and problem-solve for tomorrow today. Learn more at www.vmware.com/careers
Based in 5 global locations, the Worldwide Booking Operations (WWBO) organization is responsible for processing orders from our customers and partners worldwide. We ensure revenue integrity through timely, predictable, and precise execution. As we work across all geographical regions and handle many different order types, we focus on simplification and standardization to achieve operational excellence. We engage with our customers, sales teams, and many internal departments with a focus on ease of doing business. We foster an open work environment and promote employee development. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Order Fulfilment, SaaS Provisioning & License Management are critical business functions of the WWBO organization.
This role requires exceptional leadership, strategic thinking, analytic detail and rigor, and ability to influence through respect and trust. The Sr. Manager will work closely with the Director of Fulfillment, Provisioning & License Management to manage the operations and strategic decision-making process to drive transformation that results in greater organizational effectiveness and efficiency. You will be deeply involved in the flow of the business' executive management and decision making and will have to prioritize and balance while building a reputation for reliability, objectivity, and partnership across organization and company.
Manage strategic planning processes for Order Fulfilment, SAAS Provisioning & License Management
- Identify areas of strategic importance and engage the right people and data to focus management time and attention on rapid resolution of thorny strategic problems
- Define strategy for WWBO Fulfillment, Provisioning & License Management operations to achieve greater efficiencies across the organization, led by insightful internal and external research, benchmarking and analytics
- Assess effectiveness of current strategy, refine, and optimize accordingly
- Partner with other WWBO and WWSSO teams, Products Ops, Pricing, Legal, DMT, IT and Enterprise Data Analytics leaders to develop strategy, analysis and planning models and KPIs
Manage transformation of Order Fulfillment, License Management and SaaS Provisioning
- Balance strategy with operations to ensure that models can be effectively implemented
- Support the evolution of SaaS transformation initiatives within WWBO
- Manage relationships with Order Management, SaaS Billing, and other business stakeholders of this organization
- Harmonize and manage project portfolio so all initiatives work towards effectively operationalizing planning goals and principles.
- Provide thought leadership, perform business analysis, and support execution of high-impact strategic projects and mission-critical initiatives as part of the team
Promote a community of inclusive leadership with a sense of urgency
- Plan and build content for internal communications, all-hands meetings, offsite
- Be a key bridge from leadership to the rest of the organization, conveying and ensuring successful communication and implementation of critical organizational and operational decision
- Provide clear, concise, transparent, and insightful communication to the team, executives, and a diverse set of stakeholders.
- Help make the team a great, inclusive place to work
Build programs to organize and execute Order Fulfillment, License Management and SaaS Provisioning goals
- Evaluate effectiveness of operations models and programs and determine what programs should start, stop, or continue
- Analyze market trends and customer feedback to anticipate stakeholder and customer needs, features, and functional requirements for the team
- Leverage expert networks and secondary research to determine industry best practices
- Design and execute initiatives that contribute to long-term operational excellence, ensuring key projects have clear milestones, success measures and operational plans.
- Navigate challenging team dynamics with tact and confidence as an objective program manager
- Ensuring collaboration for relevant projects and coordinating interlocks on key projects/initiatives
- 8+yrs of experience with 5+ years’ experience in Operations Management, with specific knowledge of software license fulfillment, Initial plus Add-on Provisioning and solid knowledge of revenue recognition
- Direct experience in order to cash, with specific expertise in license fulfillment, HW fulfillment, SaaS provisioning, and/or license management
- Great business acumen, exceptional strategic thinking skills balanced with operational execution capabilities
- Creative with strong problem-solving skills, analytical and process mindset, and attention to detail
- Experience in perpetual SW/HW license models as well as Cloud, SaaS, and Subscription business models
- Demonstrated ability to thrive in a fast-paced result-oriented environment
- Strong executive presence, communication, and interpersonal skills
- High performer with track record of exceeding performance expectations and metrics
- Bachelor’s Degree
You Preferably Have:
- Experience in Enterprise SaaS Quote-to-Cash operations
- Consulting experience would be a big plus (Accenture, Deloitte, etc.)
- Strong presentation and data visualization skills
- Proficiency in Oracle or SAP
We are an Equal Opportunity employer and value diversity
VMware is committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Category : Business Strategy and Operations
Subcategory: Business Operations Analyst
Experience: Business Leadership
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Posted Date: 2021-02-26
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law. Job ID: R2103486