Advisor, Data Engineering - Alteryx Designer
Data Science is all about breaking new ground to enable businesses to answer their most urgent questions. Pioneering massively parallel data-intensive analytic processing, our mission is to develop a whole new approach to generating meaning and value from petabyte-scale data sets and shape brand new methodologies, tools, statistical methods and models. What’s more, we are in collaboration with leading academics, industry experts and highly skilled engineers to equip our customers to generate sophisticated new insights from the biggest of big data.
Join us to do the best work of your career and make a profound social impact as an Advisor on our Data Engineering team in India.
What you’ll achieve
As an Advisor, Data Engineering, you will be supporting data used by the Accounting organization. You will be responsible for optimizing and ensuring the integrity of the data flow of large datasets between multiple interfaces, delivering data integrity solutions, performing proactive data quality validations, and supporting business teams on data reconciliations. Additionally, you will work closely with multiple IT and Business teams to develop and test roadmap projects to leverage enhanced value from the datasets.
- Be an effective liaison between Accounting and IT teams to fulfil business driven requirements.
- Identify, design and implement internal process improvements for process & data delivery optimization.
- Create and maintain reporting and validation dashboards for internal business processes.
- Analyze huge datasets in data warehouse to understand relationships between datasets and use it to improve the logical capabilities of business processes.
- Proactively identify defects in the data interface transformations and work with IT teams to rectify them.
Take the first step towards your dream career
Every Dell Technologies team member brings something unique to the table. Here’s what we are looking for with this role:
- Strong understanding of data warehousing/big data environments including 2-3 years’ experience working with Teradata and/or Greenplum and/or BW4Hana.
- Alteryx Core Designer Certified with 2+ Years’ experience working with Alteryx.
- Experience in performing root cause analysis on data and processes to answer specific business questions and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Strong analytics and reasoning skills to working with structured and unstructured datasets.
- Experience in building processes supporting data transformation, data structures, metadata management.
- Demonstrable knowledge of SAP Analysis for Office and SAP Cloud Analytics.
- Hands on experience with ETL tools.
- Bachelor’s degree or Equivalent work experience.
Here’s our story; now tell us yours
Dell Technologies helps organizations and individuals build a brighter digital tomorrow. Our company is made up of more than 150,000 people, located in over 180 locations around the world. We’re proud to be a diverse and inclusive team and have an endless passion for our mission to drive human progress.
What’s most important to us is that you are respected, feel like you can be yourself and have the opportunity to do the best work of your life -- while still having a life. We offer excellent benefits, bonus programs, flexible work arrangements, a variety of career development opportunities, employee resource groups, and much more.
We started with computers, but we didn’t stop there. We are helping customers move into the future with multi-cloud, AI and machine learning through the most innovative technology and services portfolio for the data era. Join us and become a part of what’s next in technology, starting today.
You can also learn more about us by reading our latest Diversity and Inclusion Report and our plan to make the world a better place by 2030 here.
Application closing date: 31st March 2023
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages. Read the full Equal Employment Opportunity Policy here.