Site Reliability Engineer – CloudIQ (US Remote)
Primary Location: Hopkinton, Massachusetts
Remote - Georgia, United States; Remote - Illinois, United States; Remote - New York, United States (NY Metro); Remote - Texas, United States; Research Triangle Park, North Carolina, United States
Site Reliability Engineer
Join us as a Site Reliability Engineer on our CloudIQ Engineering team in the US (open RTP, NC and Hopkinton, MA, remote candidates will also be considered) to do the best work of your career and make a profound social impact.
What you’ll achieve
As a Site Reliability Engineer, you will become part of a global engineering team delivering CloudIQ, a cloud-native solution that provides proactive health, monitoring and predictive analytics. CloudIQ is software-as-a-service application built on a modern platform with state of the art open-source technologies and a continuous delivery model. As a site reliability engineer you will work in a highly collaborative environment ensuring that our mission critical application and underlying systems are healthy and designed for scale. The candidate is passionate about a role that involves full stack visibility, a broad knowledge in application, databases, servers, virtualization, networking and requires extensive automation. Bring your passion and dedication to work with an amazing team to quickly turn ideas into great product.
- Develop tools to identify reliability risks, monitor application growth and triage production issues.
- Coordinate with infrastructure and platform teams on regular maintenance, improve availability, scalability and performance of the environment.
- Respond to incidents, perform root cause analysis and drive change management to prevent recurrence.
- Participate in on-call support with Engineering, Infrastructure and platform teams during outage or maintenance activity.
- Collaborate with development teams and work cross-functionally with IT and vendors to implement the infrastructure required to support application use cases.
- Actively engage with internal teams to develop tooling, framework to drive full observability and automation of the environment.
Take the first step towards your dream career
Every Dell Technologies team member brings something unique to the table. Here’s what we are looking for with this role:
- 5+ years of related experience with a Bachelor’s degree; or 3+ years with a Master’s degree; or equivalent experience. Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent experience in systems engineering
- Ability to work in a highly collaborative environment and communicate effectively with cross functional teams and vendors
- Experience analyzing and troubleshooting large scale distributed systems, operating solutions based on a microservice architecture
- Experience in integrating and automating solutions to provide a highly scalable, high throughput platform.
- Strong scripting and automation skills – Python, Perl, Groovy, Ansible or equivalent
- Experience working with one or more of the following: Kubernetes, Cloud Foundry, Azure, AWS, RabbitMQ, Kafka, Postgres, Cassandra, Redis, MongoDB, Elasticsearch
- Experience with Unix/Linux operating system internals and administration – filesystems, networking
- Experience with VMware virtualization preferred but not necessary
Here’s our story; now tell us yours
Dell Technologies helps organizations and individuals build a brighter digital tomorrow. Our company is made up of more than 150,000 people, located in over 180 locations around the world. We’re proud to be a diverse and inclusive team and have an endless passion for our mission to drive human progress.
What’s most important to us is that you are respected, feel like you can be yourself and have the opportunity to do the best work of your life -- while still having a life. We offer excellent benefits, bonus programs, flexible work arrangements, a variety of career development opportunities, employee resource groups, and much more.
We started with computers, but we didn’t stop there. We are helping customers move into the future with multi-cloud, AI and machine learning through the most innovative technology and services portfolio for the data era. Join us and become a part of what’s next in technology, starting today.
You can also learn more about us by reading our latest Diversity and Inclusion Report and our plan to make the world a better place by 2030 here.
Application closing date: 17 February 2021
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages. Read the full Equal Employment Opportunity Policy here.
"cloudbuJob ID: R095748