To learn more about how Dell Technologies is supporting our communities, customers, partners and team members, please visit our COVID-19 response site.
Director, Federal Sales (SDDC Software Defined Data Center)
Primary Location: Reston, Virginia
VMware is the leader in virtualization and cloud infrastructure solutions that enable our more than 350,000 enterprise and SMB customers to thrive in the Cloud Era/ A pioneer in the use of virtualization and automation technologies, VMware simplifies IT complexity across the entire data center to the virtual workplace, empowering customers with solutions in the software-defined data center to hybrid cloud computing and the mobile workspace.
Our team of 20,000+ people working in 50+ locations worldwide is committed to building a community where great people want to work long term by living our values of passion, innovation, execution, collaboration, active learning and giving back. If you are ready to accelerate, innovate and lead, join us as we challenge constraints and problem solve for tomorrow today
Job Role and Responsibility:
The Regional Director, Federal Sales (SDDC Software Defined Data Center) will deliver on VMWare’s value proposition to build mind share and adoption of our cloud and virtualization technologies within our Federal Accounts. You'll enable VMWare’s Federalcustomers to define, develop, and deploy their next-generation networking, cloud management, and VMware Cloud Foundation tools. This position demands deep knowledge of development cycles, IT Operations including DevOps, open source, subscription and SaaS licensing to have meaningful conversations with our Federal customers and bring value to the equation.
With this growth, we seek a talented and motivated leader who can motivate and manage our Federal field specialist sales team. We seek a Sales Director who can manage anywhere from 8-12 senior level sales specialists.
- This person will be responsible for building and managing an experienced sales team
- Thorough understanding of the Federal landscape and market
- Work closely with the Core sales team and their leadership in order to plan & execute cohesive sales campaigns into the Federal Regions
- Possess strong leadership skills and the ability to build a complex territory strategy to ensure both short and long-term goals, objectives and quotas for the regional sales teams.
- Build strategic sales plans that drive business through direct selling, indirect selling through a multitude of Channel Partners, and local Demand Generation.
- Split time 50/50 between managing their teams and meeting with customers & partners.
- Work closely with extended sales resources, including, but not limited to SE Manager, PSO Manager, Inside Sales Manager, Channel Manager, Recruiting, etc.
- Work closely with a multitude of Channel Partners to drive transactional growth
- Accurate forecasting, planning, structure large ELA deals, negotiate deals & partnerships, and orchestrate a broad mix of resources in order to execute a successful 90-day sales campaign.
- Minimum 10 years sales management/leadership experience
- Managed quota carrying sales teams with demonstrated achievement. Proven ability to manage a horizontal, extended resource team to support their direct sales teams
- We are looking for someone who is able to work effectively with and across all levels of business and IT contacts within very large and complex organizations
- Extensive experience directly and indirectly through a management team negotiating large 7 figure deals with extremely complex terms, conditions, price pressures and considerations
- Self-starter who takes initiative and works with limited direction
- Proficient in accurate sales forecasting and analysis.
- Highly trusted individual who maintains and expects high standards for self and team.
- Possess high levels of Integrity and Honesty
- BA/BS degree or higher
- We look for individuals who embody our values of humility, compassion, teamwork above isolationism, respectfulness, integrity, and good-natured fun.
- Experience with new product introductions
- 10+ years of sales management experience in a fast paced, highly competitive, ever-changing sales environment
- BA/BS degree or higher
- Ability to travel 50%+ of the time
Category : Sales
Subcategory: Field Sales
Experience: Business Leadership
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Posted Date: 2020-10-08
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law. Job ID: R2009110