Sr. Client Solutions Executive (Services Sales), Federal - Opportunity for Working Remotely
Primary Location: Reston
VMware Professional Services helps customers unleash the power of VMware technology to drive their desired outcomes. Our broad expertise, deep knowledge of VMware technology and concentrated focus on our customers’ business and IT goals, helps them to reduce risk and complexity, accelerate adoption, strengthen their team’s skills, and drive innovation.
We are outcome-focused, holistic, and consultative in accelerating customer value, developing and executing strategies across people, process and technology that build progressive capabilities in our customers’ organizations. We not only help customers get the most out of VMware software, we help them extend their aperture beyond what they thought was possible, then build and execute a plan to get there.
VMware Professional Services is committed to offering a collaborative and supportive working environment with a full enablement plan and the opportunity to develop in the latest cloud, mobility and security technologies and solutions. We promote an inclusive atmosphere where your voice will be heard, and where you will be part of a dynamic team working in partnership with each other.
We are looking for conscientious and responsible individuals who can build on our successful track record and come with us on the next stage of our journey!
As a Senior Client Solutions Executive (CSE), for our Federal/National Security PSO Team you will develop and execute the strategic sales business plan, while managing the full sales cycle of all deals in the assigned territory, following up on incoming or self-generated leads, answering industry, company and technical questions, negotiating terms and prices, and closing deals. Solution Selling experience is paramount to help customers realize the greatest return on investment of VMware technologies. A key success indicator will include experience as an evangelist selling a disruptive technology and solutions with a hunter, ‘feet on the street’ attitude. The CSE will be focused on building the business with laser focus on demonstrating the unique value proposition our offerings bring to the market and customers. The Senior Client Solutions Executive (CSE) will demonstrate effective leadership skills in building the business and sales ecosystem to exceed revenue expectations and grow into a leadership role. The CSE role is distinguished by additional specialized knowledge in breadth and/or depth, as well as a record of success in sales. Having wide-ranging experience, uses professional concepts and company objectives to resolve complex issues in creative and effective ways. Has expert level knowledge of company products and services and may be tasked with introducing new products.
This job requisition is not eligible for employment-based immigration sponsored by VMware.
Active Security Clearance - TS/SCI CI Polygraph or Full Scope Polygraph (FSP) is Required
- Strategically drive new business in selected accounts in close synergy with the account teams and manage assigned services sales and revenue targets.
- Use specialty expertise to penetrate the segment and evangelize VMware solutions to customers on a partnership basis, or act as a dedicated resource to other strategic accounts.
- Target and cultivate a professional and consultative relationship with the customer, at the executive level and management levels, purchasing and practitioner/IT level, by developing a core understanding of the unique business needs of the customer within their industry.
- Take a leadership role and accountability in working with cross-functional teams to develop winning proposals and submissions (RFQs, RFIs, RFPs).
- Work with the Channel and Alliance teams to identify and formalize relationships with key partners and 3rd parties involved in the advising on and selling of Software Defined Datacenter (SDDC) and End User Computing (EUC), solutions.
- Generate new opportunities through existing relationships, collaborative team selling, and by identifying and driving new opportunities within your assigned customer base.
- Follow up on incoming leads, schedule and present in remote or onsite meetings.
- Follow up continuously on all potential sales pursuits, negotiate terms/pricing/contracts and advance them to close.
- Manage virtual sales teams assigned to proposal, SOW and work order creation and contracts required for business execution.
- Report key metrics (revenue and opportunity forecast, pipeline, opportunity status, challenges, and needs) accurately and in a timely manner
- Participate in weekly sales meetings to present/assess the status of all existing pipeline of leads, opportunities as well as potential future target companies and pursuit strategies.
- Align with appropriate delivery teams to leverage follow-on business from one delivery project to another. Attend to major Project Milestones and executive Reviews
- Play a leadership role as an expert in the field and act as a mentor/teacher to other team members
- A minimum of 10+ years as a Consulting sales or integration professional in the technology space, with focused experience selling into Federal accounts. Demonstrated knowledge in Digital Transformation and Cloud Services with emphasis on board experience in virtualization, storage, security, networking and/or data center technologies, as well as User Application focus
- Must have strong process adherence skills to ensure multiple sales cycles are executed from opportunity identification to delivery execution, ensuring all required elements are completed efficiently.
- Comprehensive knowledge of budget cycles, procurement processes, and contract vehicles
- Experience in business marketing/coordination and submission of winning proposals (RFQs, RFIs, RFPs), effective contract negotiations, appropriate/applicable interpretation of contract terms and conditions, issue identification, risk mitigation and ensuring post-win customer satisfaction
- Demonstrated experience in closing large, solution-oriented opportunities
- Experience in proactively managing a regional sales territory, to include evangelizing VMware technology, identifying and pursuing consulting opportunities and generating new or incremental business.
- Demonstrated expertise in consultative solution selling and business development skills to align the customer's needs with our solution to drive sales and close deals.
- Must be aggressive self-starter with strong relationship management and negotiation skills
- Have excellent written, verbal and formal presentation skills to client audiences ranging from technical implementers through CTO/CIO levels.
- Ability to coordinate, navigate and motivate the range of internal/external influencers to select and implement virtualization and mobility solutions.
- Know strength and weaknesses of key competitors in the Cloud computing, virtualization, mobility and security industry and how to leverage this knowledge.
- Ability to travel up to 50% of the time.
Certification and Education:
- BS in Computer Science or other technical field highly desired; related experience considered in lieu of formal technical training
Why Choose VMware?
- Make an impact on your career path; grow professionally and personally by accessing our in-house learning & development opportunities & education assistance program.
- Voice your creative solutions to new and existing problems and watch them become initiatives.
- Thrive in a unique work environment where the emphasis reflects our values of Execution, Passion, Integrity, Customers and Community.
- Earn a competitive compensation package with performance- based bonuses and increases, a generous benefits package that really takes care of your needs and unexpected perks that make working here fun!
Category : Sales
Subcategory: Services Sales
Experience: Business Leadership
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Posted Date: 2020-11-16
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law. Job ID: R2014707