VMware Carbon Black Federal Solution Engineer - Opportunity for Working Remotely
Primary Location: Reston,VA
VMware is the leader in virtualization and cloud infrastructure solutions that enable our more than 350,000 enterprise and SMB customers to thrive in the Cloud Era/ A pioneer in the use of virtualization and automation technologies. Our team of 20,000+ people working in 50+ locations worldwide is committed to building a community where great people want to work long term by living our values of passion, innovation, execution, collaboration, active learning and giving back. If you are ready to accelerate, innovate and lead, join us as we challenge constraints and problem solve for tomorrow today.
This role will sit in VMware's Security Business Unit, VMware Carbon Black; a leader in cloud-native endpoint protection dedicated to keeping the world safe from cyber-attacks. The VMware Carbon Black Cloud consolidates endpoint protection and IT operations into an endpoint protection platform (EPP) that prevents advanced threats, provides actionable insight and enables businesses of all sizes to simplify operations.
Job Role and Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Solution Engineering Manager, the Solution Engineer is the primary technical resource. This person will play the role of technical advisor and product evangelist. The Solution Engineer is responsible for building technical understanding and credibility during the sales process and positioning professional services where appropriate to ensure success of VMware Carbon Black’s solutions. As part of a sales pursuit team, the Solution Engineer works closely with sales, marketing, and product management to pursue leads, demonstrate product capability, inspire confidence and effectively communicate the power of VMware Carbon Black solutions.
- Partner with Field Sales to pursue new business opportunities and support all aspects and phases of the VMware Carbon Black sales process
- Evangelize and demonstrate VMware Carbon Black's products to internal core team, prospects, customers, and partners via presentations and product demos
- Manage all aspects of prospect evaluation process including:
- Properly scope and define evaluation goals and Win Drivers;
- Perform demonstrations and proof of concepts of VMware Carbon Black products
- Educate on operational and organizational aspects of implementation process
- Work independently and with VMware Carbon Black Technical Support and Engineering to ensure issues are resolved in a timely manner
- Respond to technical objections and create competitive differentiation
- Respond to RFI’s and RFP’s
- Document evaluation progress and results in SFDC
Preferred Skills :
- 5+ years of enterprise Sales Engineering experience selling into the F500, primarily with focus on Global clients.
- Demonstrated experience with endpoint and server security.
- Knowledge of vSphere, vCenter, and VDI preferred
- Expert in Windows, Mac, and Centos/RHEL endpoint operating systems.
- Endpoint Security, AV, EDR, and Threat hunting background
- Proven technical track record with securing Windows, Linux, and Mac operating systems.
- Understanding of Security Policy, Compliance and Audit.
- BS/BA or equivalent
This job requisition is not eligible for employment-based immigration sponsored by VMware.
Category : Sales
Subcategory: Systems Engineering
Experience: Business Leadership
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Posted Date: 2021-02-09
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law. Job ID: R2102108