Senior Data Engineer
Primary Location: Remote - Texas, United States
Remote - Alabama, United States; Remote - Arizona, United States; Remote - Arkansas, United States; Remote - Colorado, United States; Remote - Connecticut, United States (All Other); Remote - Connecticut, United States (NY Metro); Remote - Delaware, United States; Remote - District of Columbia, United States; Remote - Florida, United States; Remote - Georgia, United States; Remote - Illinois, United States; Remote - Iowa, United States; Remote - Kentucky, United States; Remote - Louisiana, United States; Remote - Maryland, United States (COUNTY - All Other); Remote - Maryland, United States (COUNTY - Charles, Prince Georges, Montgomery); Remote - Massachusetts, United States; Remote - Michigan, United States; Remote - Minnesota, United States; Remote - Mississippi, United States; Remote - Missouri, United States; Remote - Nevada, United States; Remote - New Hampshire, United States; Remote - New Jersey, United States; Remote - New Mexico, United States; Remote - New York, United States (All Other); Remote - New York, United States (NY Metro); Remote - North Carolina, United States; Remote - Ohio, United States; Remote - Oklahoma, United States; Remote - Oregon, United States; Remote - Pennsylvania, United States; Remote - Rhode Island, United States; Remote - South Carolina, United States; Remote - Tennessee, United States; Remote - Virginia (COUNTY - Alexandria, Arlington, Falls Church, Fairfax, Loudoun, Prince William); Remote - Washington, United States
Senior Data Engineer
The Software Engineering team delivers next-generation software application enhancements and new products for a changing world. Working at the cutting edge, we design and develop software for platforms, peripherals, applications, and diagnostics — all with the most advanced technologies, tools, software engineering methodologies and the collaboration of internal and external partners.
Join us as a Senior Data Engineer on our Software Engineering team in a remote location in the United States, to do the best work of your career and make a profound social impact.
What you’ll achieve
As a Senior Data Engineer, you will work with a team of data engineers to solve complex data modelling & integration challenges. You will partner with software development leads to create necessary data analytics & processing required for turnkey web products/solutions.
- Assess/ analyze data from multitude of Dell IT applications, understand data / domain entity relationships & build appropriate data models.
- Define processes, data & system integration points, assess technology alternatives & recommend appropriate solutions for data engineering.
- Create analytics & insights using correlations & AI/ML models through data exploration, organizing and transforming data.
- Define data solutions ensuring high availability, and scalability of applications that consume the data.
- Collaborate with solution architects, software developers and data engineers and help the team understand the technical implications of decisions.
Take the first step towards your dream career
Every Dell Technologies team member brings something unique to the table. Here’s what we are looking for with this role:
- Minimum 15+ years of experience in IT industry in relevant background in data architecture, data modelling & data engineering areas
- Experience (10+ years) of in data modelling, data engineering, ETL solutions like Streamsets & Informatica and data warehousing.
- Experience (2+ years) of software engineering in Java, Scala or Python.
- Experience (2+ years) with big data platforms such as Greenplum, Spark & Kafka.
- Experience (2+ years) of AIML techniques using Python/Scala packages & Tensorflow to solve business challenges.
- Experience with AWS / Azure / GCP
- BS/BA, (Education may be substituted for increased years in experience on a year-for-year basis)
Here’s our story; now tell us yours
Dell Technologies helps organizations and individuals build a brighter digital tomorrow. Our company is made up of more than 150,000 people, located in over 180 locations around the world. We’re proud to be a diverse and inclusive team and have an endless passion for our mission to drive human progress.
What’s most important to us is that you are respected, feel like you can be yourself and have the opportunity to do the best work of your life -- while still having a life. We offer excellent benefits, bonus programs, flexible work arrangements, a variety of career development opportunities, employee resource groups, and much more.
We started with computers, but we didn’t stop there. We are helping customers move into the future with multi-cloud, AI and machine learning through the most innovative technology and services portfolio for the data era. Join us and become a part of what’s next in technology, starting today.
You can also learn more about us by reading our latest Diversity and Inclusion Report and our plan to make the world a better place by 2030 here.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages. Read the full Employment Opportunity Policy here.Job ID: R104000