To learn more about how Dell Technologies is supporting our communities, customers, partners and team members, please visit our COVID-19 response site.
Cloud & Container Security Architect
Primary Location: Hopkinton, Massachusetts
Additional Location(s): Richardson, Texas
Cloud & Container Security Architect
Location: Hopkinton, MA; Round Rock, TX; or Remote - US
The Dell Security & Resiliency organization (SRO) manages the security risk across all aspects of Dell’s business. We are currently experiencing incredible growth in order to meet the security needs of the world’s largest technology company. With team members located in over 15 countries, you will have an excellent opportunity to influence the security culture at Dell and further develop your career.
The Dell Security & Resiliency organization is focused on transforming security to meet the current demands of Digital Transformation across Dell Technologies, with a goal to drastically improve the security posture of our products and applications. We have diversified teams spread over 15 countries, passionate about “Shifting Security LEFT” to unleash our software development teams to deliver products and applications more securely with speed and scale.
The Cloud & Container Security Architect will develop security strategy plans and roadmaps based on cloud architecting best practices; and provide guidance and hands-on experience to teams in design, development, and maintenance of security solutions for cloud. Partnering with cross-functional teams, the Cloud & Container Security Architect will design and develop cloud security policies, standards and procedures for public/private/hybrid clouds. This includes account management, tenant management, CASB integration, network management, security incident and event management (SIEM), data protection, user account management (SSO, SAML), and password/key management, vulnerability/threat management, etc.
- Manage and execute cloud security solutions across lifecycle strategy, design, implementation and operations
- Participate, lead and jointly deliver security evaluation reports on cloud providers (Azure, AWS, GCP), cloud native platforms (PCF, Docker, Kubernetes, etc.), and Software as Service solutions, as needed
- Establish security requirements for cloud-based solutions by evaluating business strategies and requirements; researching cloud infrastructure security standards such as ISO 27000 series, NIST CSF, and CSA
- Provide domain expertise in public cloud and enterprise technology
- Identify and deliver appropriate controls based on industry standards (e.g. CCM) to drive cloud and customer security solutions framework based on business risk and cloud native threats
- Continually evaluate new threats in the cloud, to identify the impact on IT and Business to develop and implement security controls
- Provide recommendations for improvement and risk reduction by assessing Dell’s cloud security posture; and act as a change agent with customer organizations to secure infrastructure, platforms and applications
- Knowledge and understanding of key differences between most popular cloud provider solutions and cloud orchestration tools (e.g. Azure, AWS, GCP, Pivotal Cloud Foundry, BOSH, Kubernetes, Docker, etc.)
- Strong domain expertise of cloud infrastructure compute, network and storage as well as the cloud control plane
- Knowledge of virtualization, containers, service-mesh and enterprise service business
- Experience with structured Enterprise Architecture practices, hybrid cloud deployments, and on-premise-to-cloud migration deployments
- Ability to identify and drive remediation of public and hybrid cloud risks
- Hands-on experience in infrastructure automation and building distributed fault-tolerant systems (specialization in infrastructure-as-code and containerized microservices)
- Extensive experience with software development lifecyle methodologies (Agile, Lean, DevOps, etc.)
- Proven knowledge and hands-on experience using DevOps technologies (e.g. Jenkins, Gitlab, GitHub, Artifactory, etc.), Chef, Puppet, BOSH, or related automated/orchestration tools
- Experience in designing, implementing and delivering security for cloud native, distributed computing and architectural solutions with a principle of “Secure by Design”
- Expertise in performing Threat Modeling, generating security architectural requirements to software development and product teams
- 7+ years of full-time dedicated experience leading Cloud Security focused roles on delivering security on cloud native, distributed architectural solutions in complex environments
- 3+ years of experience in defining security standards and reference architectures used to guide technical resources in secure system implementation and configuration for enterprise cloud systems and consumption of public cloud
- Familiarity with predominant public cloud providers (AWS, Azure, GCP)
- Understanding of Industry trends in cloud technologies for public, private and hybrid cloud deployments
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, related field; or equivalent combination of education/professional experience in a similar role
- One or more technical security certifications is a plus:
- CCSP – Certified Cloud Security Professional
- CISSP – Certified Information Systems Security Professional
- CSSLP – Certified Secure Software Lifecycle Professional
- CISM – Certified Information Security Manager
- CSEC – SANS CIAC Security Essentials
- Strong ability to communicate with both and technical and non-technical team members
- Excellent presentation skills to able co-ordinate and facilitate security workshops to technical team members across Dell Technologies
- Customer focused mindset and is capable of flexing and delivering security solutions to meet the business needs by still achieving the high security standards
- Growth mindset who is passionate to learn and use new/emerging technologies
- Must work well independently and with others as part of larger team and be able to collaborate on cross-functional teams
Dell Technologies is a unique family of businesses that helps organizations and individuals build their digital future and transform how they work, live and play—providing customers with the industry’s broadest and most innovative technology and services portfolio. We value our customers, winning together, innovation, results and integrity. Grow your career with a highly competitive salary, bonus programs, world-class benefits and unparalleled learning and development opportunities— all at a company that is proud to be diverse and inclusive. Learn more on how we are closing the diversity gap.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages. Read the full Employment Opportunity Policy here.
LIPRIORITYJob ID: R065166