Senior Advisor, Cybersecurity Consulting
Primary Location: Round Rock
Remote - Connecticut, United States (All Other); Remote - Florida, United States; Remote - Georgia, United States; Remote - Illinois, United States; Remote - Minnesota, United States; Remote - New Jersey, United States; Remote - New York, United States (NY Metro); Remote - North Carolina, United States; Remote - Ohio, United States; Remote - Pennsylvania, United States; Remote - Texas, United States; Richardson, Texas, United States; San Antonio, Texas, United States
Cybersecurity Senior Advisor
The Dell Security & Resiliency organization manages the security risk across all aspects of Dell’s business. We are currently experiencing incredible growth in order to meet the security needs of the world’s largest technology company. With team members located in over 15 countries, you will have an excellent opportunity to influence the security culture at Dell and further develop your career.
Dell is a worldwide provider of information technology services and business solutions to a broad range of clients. We seek men and women who share our values, thrive in a team environment, and recognize the importance of accountability; people who strive to exceed expectations to ensure our clients' success.
We are currently seeking a Cybersecurity Senior Advisor to join our Security & Resiliency team.
The Cybersecurity Senior Advisor (Consultant) will be a member of our internally facing, corporate Cybersecurity Consulting organization with responsibility for contributing significant experience and technical skillset into Dell’s expanding and complex security infrastructure environment. The Cybersecurity Consultant will be considered a security and technical expert in Software Defined Networking, Cloud technology, architecture, designs, systems implementation and integration and will assist in the development and communication of authoritative security infrastructure focused policies, standards, guidelines and control requirements. The Cybersecurity Consultant will be required to perform technical research when necessary to contribute to setting security infrastructure direction and strategy. The Cybersecurity Consultant will also partner closely with teams across Dell to ensure the success of various security infrastructure programs and projects.
The Cybersecurity Consulting organization’s core mission is to provide Dell team members, vendors/suppliers, and customers a consistent, effective, and positive Security engagement experience.
- Define security requirements and architectures while engaging directly with stakeholders within Dell’s Business Units and the Information Technology organizations to ensure products, services and solutions are designed to adhere to those requirements across Dell’s private, hybrid, public cloud and related security infrastructure environments.
- Support the development of secure infrastructure security solutions that meet regulatory requirements including, but not limited to EU GDPR, PCI, SOX, HIPAA, etc.
- Assist with the development, maintenance and communication of security infrastructure policies, procedures and best practices.
- Contribute into the development and delivery of a world class infrastructure security training program.
- Utilize program and project management techniques to drive successful initiatives.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or a related field
- Individuals with CISSP, CISM, or CCSP certifications preferred
- 6+ years Security experience with 3+ years in Security Consulting and at least 10+ years in IT
- Strong knowledge of Cloud service and deployment models (e.g. CaaS, SaaS, IaaS, and PaaS) and proven experience migrating on premise solutions to the Cloud.
- Knowledge of Cloud-native/Cloud-friendly authentication mechanisms such as OAuth, OpenID, SAML, Ping, etc.
- Experience working with Cloud access security brokers (CASBs) and other governance solutions designed to provide visibility into Cloud usage.
- Provide-risk based recommendations to Executive leaders which address unsanctioned applications.
- Detailed technical knowledge and experience with network security, authentication, security protocols, access control, cryptography, application security and data protection.
- Coordinate with system architects and developers to provide guidance in creating and integrating secure Cloud-based designs.
- Proven success with the following technologies: Microsoft Azure, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Google Cloud Platform, VMware virtualization solutions, Pivotal, Windows and Linux based platforms, etc.
- Experience with laws, regulations, standards and best practices including, but not limited to, CSA CCM, NIST, ISO, PCI, Sarbanes Oxley, HIPAA, and EU GDPR.
- Experience with infrastructure Threat Modeling (preferably to STRIDE methodology).
- Experience building a security catalog of best practices, techniques and patterns to enable secure network implementations.
- Hands-on experience with multiple security technologies such as Firewalls, Intrusion Detection/Prevention Systems, Vulnerability Scanning, WAF, Wireless LAN, NAC, DLP, DDoS Mitigation, WAN security, SIEM, Content Filtering, Cloud Security gateways, Secure Proxies, SSL crypto solutions.
- Ability to operate effectively in a fast-paced environment with competing and shifting priorities.
- Ability to efficiently summarize complex, cross-organizational initiatives.
- Ability to help drive agreement on priorities through the influencing of and negotiation with stakeholders who at times may hold competing or conflicting goals.
- Ability to engage executive-level stakeholders on complex matters in a substantive manner with little to no oversight and limited guidance.
- Ability to confidently and effectively present complex technical topics to senior non-technical audiences.
- Ability to work collaboratively and effectively as part of larger matrixed organization.
- Ability to quickly organize and direct virtual teams as necessary to accomplish goals.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Pragmatic, results-driven, value focused, and accountability minded.
Here’s our story; now tell us yours
Dell Technologies helps organizations and individuals build a brighter digital tomorrow. Our company is made up of more than 150,000 people, located in over 180 locations around the world. We’re proud to be a diverse and inclusive team and have an endless passion for our mission to drive human progress.
What’s most important to us is that you are respected, feel like you can be yourself and have the opportunity to do the best work of your life -- while still having a life. We offer excellent benefits, bonus programs, flexible work arrangements, a variety of career development opportunities, employee resource groups, and much more.
We started with computers, but we didn’t stop there. We are helping customers move into the future with multi-cloud, AI and machine learning through the most innovative technology and services portfolio for the data era. Join us and become a part of what’s next in technology, starting today.
You can also learn more about us by reading our latest Diversity and Inclusion Report and our plan to make the world a better place by 2030 here.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages. Read the full Employment Opportunity Policy here.
LIPRIORITYJob ID: R079003