Senior Consultant - Cyber & Disaster RecoveryRiyadh, Saudi Arabia 07/10/2019
Dell EMC’s Consulting organization is focused on helping customers accelerate time to value from all Dell Technologies solutions, and is our internal partner for large-scale transformational projects.
We work with organizations around the world, in every industry, in the public and private sectors, and of every size, from startups to the Fortune Global 500. Our customers include global money center banks and other leading financial services firms, manufacturers, healthcare and life sciences organizations, internet service and telecommunications providers, airlines and transportation companies, educational institutions, and public-sector agencies.
We believe Resiliency should be an outcome of every type of transformation because the Business runs on IT and it is never been more reliant on IT to be always available and/or recover from an event that causes an outage. Our Practice is at the forefront of though leadership and helping customers prepare and respond to emerging threats such as Cyber. We are seeking a DR SME that is passionate about driving these outcomes to our customers and ensuring that key business process, systems and support functions are maintained and recoverable in the event of a disaster.
This position develops, manages and articulates Cyber Recovery (CR), Disaster Recovery (DR), Business Continuity (BC) and High Availability (HA) solutions based on a client’s strategic business and technical requirements that meets their Resiliency objectives. DELL EMC BC/DR offering helps customers develop and implement program level strategy and involves executing BIAs and Risk assessments, building an enterprise wide strategy, implementation and building DR plans and performing table tops and real Disaster Recovery exercises to validate the capabilities. Our Cyber Recovery offering is a growth area and includes DELL EMC helping customers with building a Cyber recovery strategy based on the NIST Cyber security framework.
This position is responsible for working either independently on a standalone Resiliency engagement (Advisory, Design or Implement) or work closely with the Resiliency Program Manager to define project deliverables and work with the multiple business units across the client’s organization to ensure all activities and deliverables is performed to the client’s satisfaction.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities
- Well versed with the concepts of Disaster Recovery, building strategies, roadmaps, design and implementation.
- Leads the development of client Disaster Recovery strategies, policies and best practices through participation in up front consulting work and planning and design meetings.
- Conduct periodic review of the DR, Cyber, BC plans with a wide range of audience including internal stakeholders and external vendors.
- Good understanding of frameworks such as ISO 27031, ISO 22301 and NIST Cyber security framework.
- Ability to work with a broad spectrum of customer stakeholders such as Application, compute, storage and network and design solutions that meet recovery and security needs.
- Ability to articulate and design Solution Architecture and Recovery techniques.
- Participates in client change management and IT planning activities, document and apply changes that affect the Resiliency program scope. If the changes alter the scope, prepare the change cost/benefit document for review with the PM.
- Develops and maintains DR plans including ensuring the client's operating procedures are fully cross-referenced in those plans. Utilizes DR planning software as needed to support these activities.
- Develops and distributes the monthly status reports and contributes necessary content to the quarterly senior client briefings.
- Develops the detailed test objectives and plans, participates in all tests and documents test results. Coordinates and drives action and issue tracking through to completion.
- Reviews and updates the detailed design document to ensure the DR solution specifications remain current; validates updates with the PM and client and technical leads.
- Conducts a comprehensive review of new research, best practices and methodology and tool updates, leveraging DELL EMC's knowledge base as well as external sources. Documents recommended improvements to the client's program based on the findings; provides high level cost and benefits to support the recommendations.
- Adheres to proper Escalation and Change Control procedures. Prepares, maintains and submits activity/progress reports and time recording/management reports in accordance with published procedures.
- Maintains awareness of existing or potential client software/hardware situations. Proactively alerts PM of potential problems based upon in depth knowledge of client’s application and DR environment. Stays current on technical specifications for hardware/software requirements of DELL EMC and industry products through professional associations, trade journals, networking, and associated training and seminars.
- Performs all DELL EMC internal reporting and information-sharing as required by management; as appropriate participate in DELL EMC account planning and review sessions.
- Develops and cultivates strong customer relationships ensuring a "Customers for Life" relationship.
- Typically requires 8+ years of related experience with a Bachelor’s degree; or 6+ years with a Master’s degree; or 3+ years with a PhD; at least one or more years exposure to CYBER programs
- Ability to travel as part of the role.
- Customer focus and relationship management skills, strong interpersonal skills
- Strong technical, organizational and leadership skills for Disaster Recovery technologies
- Business Impact Analysis (BIA), BC/DR Strategy and Plan development and testing
- Good understanding of Enterprise architecture and Storage and Backup Replication technologies
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills, ability to write for both technical and senior manager levels
- Strong results orientation with attention to detail and quality of deliverables
- Comfortable leading and facilitating customer facing workshops
- Program and project management skills, PMI certification a plus
- Good understanding of Security concepts such as Access management, authentication, firewall and Hardening
- Ability to work as a team player and collaborate
- Bachelors (Business/Computer Science), equivalence, BC/DR certification and/or Cyber certification such as CISSP a plus
Our people are the most critical component of our long-term success and their health and wellbeing are our priority. You will enjoy a comprehensive, locally competitive benefits package.
Dell is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, genetics, or citizenship status (when otherwise legally authorized to work) and will not be discriminated against on the basis of such characteristics or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell encourages applicants of all ages.
Job Family: Global-Services Professional-Services Job ID: R46565
Related Job Opportunities
- Data Centre Consultant - Senior or Intermediate Level Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
- Cloud Consultant - Senior or Intermediate Level Riyadh, Saudi Arabia