Business Analytics Undergrad Intern (Summer 2019)Round Rock, Texas 02/10/2019
Support & Deployment Services
Business Analytics Summer Intern - Round Rock/Austin, TX
Support and Deployment Services (SDS) is an organization within Dell. SDS provides support and extended warranty services, managed deployment, enterprise installation, and configuration services for both Enterprise and Client customers. It is one of the most strategic and profitable organizations in the company and is currently experiencing explosive global growth. SDS is made up of global operations teams to include customer service, supply chain, and professional services; marketing and sales operations teams, finance, engineering, and more. We are looking for interns who are comfortable taking accountability and are able to adapt easily to meet the needs of our rapidly evolving business. The ideal intern is customer focused, results driven, innovative, works well on a team, and acts with integrity.
The intern will be working on a problem which would require detailed analytics to be resolved. The intern will be responsible to carry out analytics, and provide insights on how to resolve the problem. The project may also involve building KPIs and dashboards. Following is expected from the intern:
- Create analyses that uncover hidden opportunities to improve in areas such as operations, sales growth and dispatch effectiveness
- Identify and interpret trends and patterns in datasets to predict outcome
- Effectively communicate findings, insights and recommendations with business leaders
- Partners with both internal & external sources to gather & examine data from disparate sources with the goal of discovering previously hidden insights.
- Able to independently drive a task to completion, understand the data, end goals, and provide insights beyond the customer's expectations.
- Currently enrolled UG (Junior) in an accredited Bachelor’s program in Data Science, Statistics, or Business Analytics
- Proficient data mining skills
- Advanced Excel
- Excellent Communication Skills and ability to deal with ambiguity
- To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status.
- Knowledge or experience using Statistica, SAS, R, SPSS, Hadoop, Teradata, Python, Tableau, Business Objects, C++
Dell is a collective of customer-obsessed, industry-leading visionaries. At our core is a commitment to diversity, sustainability and our communities. We offer unparalleled growth and development opportunities for our team members. We believe that technology is essential for driving human progress, and we’re committed to providing that technology to people and organizations everywhere, so they can transform the way they work and live.
Job Family: Internship Job ID: R72288
Related Job Opportunities
- Small Business Sales Summer Intern Texas
- Sales Enablement MBA Intern Texas
- Support & Deployment Services Undergrad Intern Texas
Join Our Talent Network
Receive alerts with new job opportunities that match your interests.