Consultant, Tech Program ManagementRound Rock, Texas 02/25/2019
Consultant, Technical Program Management
Dell provides the technology that transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company — we are a people company. We inspire, challenge and respect every one of our over 100,000 employees. We also provide them with unparalleled growth and development opportunities. We can’t wait for you to discover this for yourself as a Consultant on our Technical Program Management team in Round Rock.
With a global remit, our Technical Program Management professionals lead cross-functional product design teams to develop and introduce game-changing new products and solutions. It’s about making sure we offer customers the right features, experience, quality, schedule, cost, continuity of supply, service capability and financials. And when products and solutions are in development, it’s about driving everything from definition through to planning, development and launch across global development centers and multiple lines of business. The team is also crucial to getting shipping right. All in all, it is a fascinating and incredibly varied area.
The responsibilities of this position include leading the worldwide management and execution of cross-functional programs through the Offer Lifecycle Management Process (OLP). Additional/ alternate responsibilities include leading Strategic Business Initiatives aimed at the core execution of BU business strategies. This includes developing program goals that support the business objectives and developing and executing strategies and plans to meet those goals. Identifying and implementing process improvements and assisting in the integration of complex business factors to develop and implement long-term strategic planning objectives is required. Additional responsibilities include managing the level of revenue risk associated with the new product lifecycle.
- Lead cross-functional core teams and drive execution across all product development functions (including: Development Engineering, Marketing, Services, Operations, Quality, Finance and other functional areas)
- Prepare and present clear, concise program updates and critical phase exit deliverables to Senior Management
- Establish program schedules and identify key risk mitigation plans and manage major risks and issues through effective contingency plans and proper escalations
- Lead and document core team meetings and required single subject working sessions
- Lead the Core team to deliver the program / product on time, at the desired quality level and the sales / marketing plan
- Manage and drive the creation, review and approval of Product Requirements Documents and Program Plans
- Analyze, track performance and progress against Program Plan goals and make necessary corrections to achieve all bounding box goals
- Establish clear objectives and deliverables for the program that support business needs
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
If you are ready to take ownership of ambitious and ground-breaking technical programs, this is your opportunity to develop with Dell.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.
Job Family: Engineering Program-Management Job ID: R68686
Related Job Opportunities
- Quality Senior Principal Engineer Texas
- Commercial Sales Planning and Operations – VMware GTM Program Manager Texas
- OEM Technical Project Manager Texas