Consultant, Technical Program Management
- Round Rock, Texas
We believe that progress lives at the intersection of technology and humanity, and that our role is to bring innovation to people everywhere to drive progress around the world. Every member of our team plays a critical role in bringing our purpose to life — through our work, passion and commitment to do the absolute best we can for our company, our customers and for each other.
What makes a successful Program Manager?
Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Problem Solver
Dell is a collective of customer-obsessed, industry-leading visionaries. At our core is a commitment to diversity, sustainability and our communities. We offer unparalleled growth and development opportunities for our team members. We believe that technology is essential for driving human progress, and we’re committed to providing that technology to people and organizations everywhere, so they can transform the way they work and live.
Why Work For Us:
Dell is primed to recruit the best and brightest candidates from across the globe. We take pride in fostering a winning, innovative, inclusive employee culture. We also take calculated risks and we celebrate big victories when they pay off.
Our Employee Value Proposition:
Our Culture Code unites us and makes us a great family of companies and a great place to work. It’s how we run the business, go to market, work together and provide inspirational leadership. Our culture code is defined by our values and are made real every day by defining expectations for how we work and how we lead.
About Business Unit:
Dell provides the technology that transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company — we are a people company. We inspire, challenge and respect every one of our over 100,000 employees. We also provide them with unparalleled growth and development opportunities. We can’t wait for you to discover this for yourself as an Enterprise Business Warranty Cost Lead on our ISG Continuous Service Improvement team.
This role will continue to play a vital role in supporting Dell’s products from a sustaining and end of life point of view, with the mission of making Dell’s products the easiest to own, lowest cost and consistent across ISG.
The North America Enterprise Business Lead will be responsible for providing data analytics and key touchpoints that will drive down warranty cost issues across the NA Enterprise business. This individual will partner with key POC’s across the business to partner with and help drive projects that drive efficiencies and reduction in warranty cost across the businesses. Holding key groups accountable to their actions whether it be with our product group or our support organization.
In-Market Quality & Project Management
- Build strong relationships with local Directors and Executives to mitigate out of process escalations and streamline execution
- Program Manage the execution of initiatives to deliver and ensure delivery of Dispatch Plan
- Single point of contact for implementation of Cross-Business Programs
- Accountable for improvement across all of these measures for your business unit (MDR, RDR, Call/SR, B2D, Cancel%, Bios Adoption, APS Usage, etc.)
- Identify/Eliminate Business Defects through Analytics & innovation
- Identify & Submit systemic issues into Process Engineering
- Execute initiatives that drive AMER region to Best of Breed on Enterprise LOBs (PowerEdge, PowerVault, Compellent, EqualLogic)
- Provide input into Long-Term Initiatives to deliver (FY20/FY21) Plan
- 8+ years of related experience; or 6+ years with a Master’s degree; or 3+ years with a PhD; or equivalent experience
- 10+ years of service experience with computer products, be technically proficient and have a working knowledge of service and product offerings as well as a good understanding of the OLP process.
- Advanced communication/presentation skills with strong ability to interact with executive leadership
- Strong ability to lead, influence and implement change across businesses
- Demonstrate a sense of urgency and act with professionalism when managing critical or sensitive issues
- Understanding and awareness of global components such as cultural differences, time zones, etc.
- Ability to problem solve and communicate risks / impact to deliverables effectively
- Advanced understanding of technology discipline, such as hardware, software, solutions and ability to influence other team members through technical expertise
- Advanced understanding quality tools, data, and processes and can use those tools to influence design decisions and improvements within organization
- Ability to deal with ambiguous situations within project, across organization
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
If you are ready to take ownership of ambitious and ground-breaking technical programs, this is your opportunity to develop with Dell.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.
Job Family: Global-Services Engineering-Services Program-Management Job ID: R040489
Global Sales at Dell
We believe that technology is essential for driving human progress, and we’re committed to providing that technology to people and organizations everywhere so they can transform the way they work and live. Join our sales team and be a part of our story.Learn More About Global Sales
Learn what it's like to work in the Round Rock Office.Explore this location
Rewards & Development
It's simple. We believe in rewarding our team members for a job well-done and investing in our team member's professional development filling the majority of our open positions internally.
Health & Wellness
As part of our overall rewards, we offer benefits programs designed to help you maintain a healthy lifestyle. These benefits are based on your location, so please ask your recruiter for more details.
Dell’s Connected Workplace program offers new ways to work and enables eligible team members to choose the style that best fulfills their needs, both in their job and their personal life.
You may be eligible for other programs in your location including employee purchase program, paid time away from work, financial and savings programs and more. Talk to your recruiter for more details on what benefits programs are available in your location.
Our culture is defined by our values and made real every day by how we work and lead. We know our culture is the foundation for all we’ve achieved, and for all the success ahead of us. Don't take it just from us – see what our employees say in our annual "Tell Dell" results.
- 90% My leader cares about my well-being both professionally and personally.
- 93% I am proud that I never have to worry about Dell Technologies showing up in a headline damaging our ethical reputation.
- 90% My job means more to me than just a paycheck and benefits
- 94% Believe flexible work arrangements (e.g., working remote, mobile, telework, etc.) at Dell Technologies contribute positively to our performance as a company.