Business Planning - Strategic Programs Advisor
Primary Location: Round Rock
Dallas, Texas, United States; Houston, Texas, United States; Remote - Texas, United States
Business Planning - Strategic Programs Advisor
Round Rock, TX (Remote Texas)
Dell Technologies is driven by data. Our business is built on the understanding that data creates value and drives progress. So we take the stewardship of our data very seriously. That’s the vital role played by Business Intelligence teams within Business Support. Internal clients across Dell rely on us to analyze, test, validate and maintain the integrity of data. We make use of leading-edge software and tools to collect, mine and interpret data and the statistical analyses and reports we produce inform decisions with a global impact
The strategic programs consultant is responsible for identifying, defining, analyzing and recommending potential new growth strategies for Dell’s Global Sales business. This person will also manage existing programs by tracking implementation and monitoring effectiveness, including designing analytical approaches, data collection, creating dashboard and tracking project tasks. The successful candidate will use robust data analytics skills and work with internal stakeholders and external partners to evaluate customer segments, Go-To-Market models, analyze sales productivity models and build specific actionable recommendations to improve overall performance.
Develop Growth Strategy
- Drive key strategic initiatives, and supports the development of long-term growth plans and profitability objectives
- Collect and analyzes data required for modelling project objectives
- Develop detailed financial models including market sizing, revenue modeling, OPEX and CAPEX estimates
- Create resource allocation and sales coverage models using financial and HR data
- Create forecasting models that include multiple scenarios and provide a user interface with what-if functionality
- Write detailed business proposal and presentations including implementation plans
Drive Programs Execution
- Establish internal (sales, marketing, product groups, and finance) and external relationships with professional service firms (Consultancy) to gain buy-in, support, and assistance for the project goals during and after project life-cycle
- Track and monitor project work plans, including objectives, tasks and time frames to ensure deliverables are completed on time
- Manage project implementation and develop opportunity and action plan in implementation
- Coordinate business performance dashboard report production
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Finance or related field required, MBA preferred
- 5 years of relevant industry experience, preferred in Strategy Consulting, Sales Strategy, and/or Business Planning functions
- Advanced problem-solving skills and ability to analyze complex issues by conducting data-driven analysis of economics of different GTM strategies
- Excellent in managing communication to executive leadership; strong verbal and written communication and presentation skills
- Capable of leading direct and virtual teams across multiple cultures and geographies
- Collaborative and inclusive team player that can work cross functionally to facilitate processes
- Proficient in using data visualization software. Tableau, Power BI, etc.
- Strong capability with SQL and willingness to become expert with building queries / manipulating data to answer critical GTM questions
Here’s our story; now tell us yours
Dell Technologies helps organizations and individuals build a brighter digital tomorrow. Our company is made up of more than 150,000 people, located in over 180 locations around the world. We’re proud to be a diverse and inclusive team and have an endless passion for our mission to drive human progress.
What’s most important to us is that you are respected, feel like you can be yourself and have the opportunity to do the best work of your life — while still having a life. We offer excellent benefits, bonus programs, flexible work arrangements, a variety of career development opportunities, employee resource groups, and much more.
We started with computers, but we didn’t stop there. We are helping customers move into the future with multi-cloud, AI and machine learning through the most innovative technology and services portfolio for the data era. Join us and become a part of what’s next in technology, starting today.
You can also learn more about us by reading our latest Diversity and Inclusion Report and our plan to make the world a better place by 2030 here.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages. Read the full Employment Opportunity Policy here.
Job ID: R080106