Corporate Communications ConsultantRound Rock, Texas 02/25/2019
Dell is a collective of customer-obsessed, industry-leading visionaries. We believe that technology is essential for driving human progress, and the technology we provide transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company — we are a people company. We recognize that over 100,000 employees across six continents have different interests and aspirations. We inspire, challenge and respect each and every one of them, every day. And we provide them with unparalleled growth and development opportunities. We can’t wait for you to discover this for yourself as a Corporate Communications Consultant on our Dell Financial Services team in Round Rock, TX.
The Corporate Communications Consultant is responsible for executing a global communications plan for Dell Financial Services. The role primarily supports the communications needs of the DFS President and the executive leadership team. However, communications support may extend to other DFS teams and strategic initiatives as required.
The ideal candidate will develop mutually valued relationships with DFS and Dell EMC leaders to develop and deploy a broad range of internal and external communications. Communications focus areas include, but are not limited to:
- Executive Communication – Supports the communications needs of the DFS President, as well as other DFS and Dell senior executives by developing strategic communication materials and providing counsel that builds and reinforces DFS’ vision and strategy, thought leadership and customer- centric focus.
- Internal Communication – Oversees global team member communication, including team-wide emails and Global Town Halls, ensuring it aligns team member understanding, acceptance, performance and motivation with the Company's corporate strategy to increase overall team member engagement.
- Industry Analyst and Influencer Communications – Works with Global Communications and Marketing to develop and support DFS messaging with influential industry analysts and other influencers.
- Media Relations – Works with Global Communications and Marketing to ensure DFS inclusion with media outreach strategies to successfully articulate and build awareness of company’s portfolio of offerings.
- Partner Communications – Create and refine messaging that articulate the DFS value proposition to global partners, working with Global Communications and Marketing to ensure DFS inclusion in partner activities (webcasts, newsletters, briefings, emails, etc.).
- Sales Communications – Work with Global Communications and Marketing to develop content that maintains awareness among Dell EMC sellers of DFS solutions.
- Issues Management – Addresses and responds to major reputational threats that impact DFS; partners with Legal, Investor Relations, and other stakeholders to ensure effective crisis management.
- Shapes and communicates key messages that effectively convey the Company’s purpose and values, business strategy, and the value of its people and portfolio.
- Regularly consults with and advises the executive leadership team and other stakeholders on corporate communication matters to ensure strategic alignment, enhance Dell’s reputation and visibility, and manage risks to business.
- Identifies, explores and pursues opportunities to build awareness of DFS portfolio of financing solutions.
- Evaluate and measure process and project effectiveness, facilitates and captures lessons learned.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- High degree of flexibility and ability to multi-task
- Proven ability to work alongside leaders and stakeholders to identify communications needs and collaborate on content
- Ability to exercise judgment within broadly defined practices and policies in selecting methods, techniques, and evaluation criteria for obtaining results
- Excellent accuracy in planning, project management, projecting workflow, and meeting deadlines
- Ability to navigate a changing landscape, get executive buy-in on external and internal communications and create awareness of DFS solutions activities throughout various parts of the business
- Proficiency with the following software/technologies preferred: MS Office Suite (PowerPoint, Word, Excel).
- Typically requires 8+ years of related experience in a professional role with a Bachelor’s degree; or 6+ years with a Master’s degree; or 3+ years with a PhD; or equivalent experience
- Work samples required
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.
Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages.
Job Family: Communications Job ID: R92606
Related Job Opportunities
- CSB Global Catalog Creative Lead - Sr. Advisor Texas
- Digital Marketing Project Manager, Sr. Analyst Texas
- Public Relations Advisor for Dell EMC Multiple Locations