Cybersecurity Architect (SRO)Round Rock, Texas, Southborough, Massachusetts, United States 01/14/2019
Location: Round Rock, TX or Southboro, MA
Dell provides the technology that transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company — we are a people company. We inspire, challenge and respect every one of our over 100,000 employees. We also provide them with unparalleled growth and development opportunities.
The Dell Security & Resiliency organization (SRO) manages the security risk across all aspects of Dell’s business. We are currently experiencing incredible growth in order to meet the security needs of the world’s largest technology company. With team members located in over 15 countries, you will have an excellent opportunity to influence the security culture at Dell and further develop your career.
The Cybersecurity Architect will join the Dell Cybersecurity organization as a member of the Security Infrastructure/Architecture team. The mission of the Cybersecurity Infrastructure team is to deliver around the clock enterprise cybersecurity infrastructure services and capabilities in an agile, yet risk governed manner, aligned to Cybersecurity strategy; to protect Dell against both current and emerging threats.
Providing thought-leadership across several security technology areas, the Cybersecurity Architect works closely with other team members, the business and IT staff to ensure alignment to Dell’s cybersecurity objectives. The Cybersecurity Architect will be expected to contribute to initiatives across Cybersecurity and work as a member of a larger team that focuses on priority driven items which change based on need.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Secures enterprise information by defining security requirements; planning, implementing, and testing security systems; preparing security standards, policies, and procedures; mentoring team members
- Understands impact of emerging business trends and their implications for Dell and its customers
- Develops complex solutions to business problems or customer engagements through in-depth analysis, coordination and negotiation with key decision-makers
- Adapts and integrates own experience with Dell-wide strategy
- Develops innovative solutions to problems without precedent; decisions are strategic in nature, have long-term consequence, and tend to relate to business strategy, financial performance and effective resource
- Identifies and designs endpoint security solutions
- Establishes security requirements by evaluating business strategies and requirements; researches information security standards; studies architecture/platform; identifies integration issues; prepares cost estimates
- Plans security systems by evaluating network and security technologies: develops requirements for local area networks (LANs), wide area networks (WANs), virtual private networks (VPNs), routers, firewalls, and related security and network devices; designs public key infrastructures (PKIs), including use of certification authorities (CAs) and digital signatures as well as hardware and software, adhering to industry standards
- Contributes to security policy, standards, and guidelines related to endpoint security
- Provides subject matter expertise over endpoint access controls and endpoint security orchestration
- Creates architectural diagrams, project plans, and presentations for proposals
- Influences a broad spectrum of stakeholders toward achieving business goals
- Advises key leadership on the latest principles, practices, and/or technologies and their practical application
- Acts as a leader and mentor for less senior engineering staff and works with team management to implement career development through engineering assignments
- Bachelor’s degree with 12+ years relevant experience; or Master’s degree with 8+ years relevant experience; or equivalent experience
- 8+ years experience leading large scale, global programs, contributing to corporations success
- Broad experience with Cloud-based technologies; experience in at least 3 of the following: Office 365, Azure, Google Cloud Services, AWS, VMware or other Cloud-based technologies
- Experience designing endpoint security solutions
- Ability to build consensus
- Ability to communicate technical matters effectively to non-technical and executive decision-makers
- Ability to develop mutually beneficial strategic alliances with customers
- Client security expertise
- VMware experience is a plus
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.
Related Job Opportunities
- NSX Security Control Expert (SRO) Multiple Locations
- Consultant – CyberSecurity Engineering and Operations – IAM PAM Engineer (SRO) Multiple Locations
- Directory Services Senior Advisor, Cybersecurity Engineering and Operations (SRO) Multiple Locations
Join Our Talent Network
Receive alerts with new job opportunities that match your interests.