Data Engineer of Insider Risk OperationsRound Rock, Texas 02/11/2020
Data Engineer of Insider Risk Operations
Round Rock, TX
The Dell Security & Resiliency organization manages the security risk across all aspects of Dell’s business. We are currently experiencing incredible growth in order to meet the security needs of the world’s largest technology company. With team members located in over 15 countries, you will have an excellent opportunity to influence the security culture at Dell and further develop your career.
Dell is a worldwide provider of information technology services and business solutions to a broad range of clients. We seek women and men who share our values, thrive in a team environment, and recognize the importance of accountability; people who strive to exceed expectations to ensure our Clients' success.
We are currently seeking a Data Engineer of Insider Risk Operations to join our Security and Resiliency Organization (SRO) team based in Round Rock, TX, located in the suburbs of beautiful Austin. The Data Engineer of Insider Risk Operations will utilize scientific methodologies using predictive analytics to help identify and convey insider risk and risk management activities to our business operations. Works closely with Insider Risk and Digital Forensics teams and serves as the subject matter expert for the data analytics discipline. Provides recommendations and contributes to the overall strategic decisions of the Insider Risk program.
- Collaborate with Insider Risk Operations personnel to understand their mission needs, and identify forward thinking data science approaches for operationalization
- Identify, monitor, analyze and evaluate information effectiveness from multiple data sources including company databases
- Develop custom data models and algorithms within company databases to apply to data sets
- Conduct advanced analysis of security data to detect insider risk related activities and develop predictive indicators
- Develop innovative solutions to problems without precedent
- Develop processes, procedures, and notifications to analyze and measure insider risk and implement appropriate risk mitigation methodologies
- Use predictive modeling to increase and optimize measures and methods associated with internal monitoring
- Manages various analytical tools and information systems to identify and follow trends in order to provide actionable intelligence
- Study historical data, researches trends, and analyzes effects of decisions or events to evaluate threats to the business interests
- A minimum of 8 years of Data Analysis/Modeling, Business Intelligence or Data Science concentrations
- Leads the large-scale development of the Insider Risk Operations data analytics program
- Experience using statistical computer languages (Python, SQL, MATLAB, Java, R, C/C++, SAS, etc.) to manipulate data and draw insights from large data sets
- Experience with intelligence reporting, analytics and analytical report writing, and visualization software
- Experience with data mining, descriptive and predictive modeling, risk analysis, anomaly detection, exploratory data analysis, event log processing, and mathematical modeling
- Proficiency across multiple devices and platforms to include database user interfaces and query software
- Experience with database management systems, data warehousing, query language, reporting generators, data access, storage and retrieval
- Highly developed customer interaction and presentation skills with the ability to convey highly technical concepts to various audiences including technical, non-technical and executive decision makers
- Knowledge of a variety of machine learning techniques (clustering, decision tree learning, artificial neural networks) and their real-world advantages/disadvantages
- Knowledge of advanced statistical techniques and concepts (regression, properties of distributions, statistical tests and proper usage) and experience with applications
- Bachelor’s in mathematics, data sciences, business intelligence, data analytics, or similar discipline
- Previous experience with Insider Risk and/or Risk Management data analysis
- Experience in building data analytic processes and procedures
- Graduate degree in mathematics, data sciences, business intelligence, data analytics, or similar discipline
- Nice to have: CAP, CISSP, CISA, CISM or related SANS certifications
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.
Job Family: Engineering Cybersecurity SRO Job ID: R053318