Data Science Sr. Advisor
Primary Location: Round Rock, Texas
Remote - Alabama, United States; Remote - Arizona, United States; Remote - Arkansas, United States; Remote - Florida, United States; Remote - Georgia, United States; Remote - Illinois, United States; Remote - Louisiana, United States; Remote - Michigan, United States; Remote - Minnesota, United States; Remote - Missouri, United States; Remote - North Carolina, United States; Remote - Ohio, United States; Remote - Oklahoma, United States; Remote - South Carolina, United States; Remote - Tennessee, United States; Remote - Texas, United States
Data Science Sr. Advisor
Data Science is all about breaking new ground to enable businesses to answer their most urgent questions. Pioneering massively parallel data-intensive analytic processing, our mission is to develop a whole new approach to generating meaning and value from petabyte-scale data sets and shape brand new methodologies, tools, statistical methods and models. What’s more, we are in collaboration with leading academics, industry experts and highly skilled engineers to equip our customers to generate sophisticated new insights from the biggest of big data.
Join us as a Data Scientist on our Dell Financial Services team in Round Rock, TX or anywhere in the US (100% remote).
What you’ll achieve
You will work to support the US Collections operations and Fraud within Dell Financial Services.
- Develop model-based strategies in approving applications, pricing and initial line assignment
- Develop predictive models for key decisions in prospect target, credit approval and account management
- Assesses the risk of new and ongoing credit products and portfolio strategies through the application of advanced data driven analysis and predictive modeling.
- Continuously develops, implements and tests new origination and account management strategies to proactively improve risk-adjusted profitability and return on capital.
- Develop, implements and maintains predictive models, scores and systems for automated decision-making including approval, line assignment, risk-based pricing, renewal criteria, and fraud control and collection management.
- Master's in statistics or quantitative field
- 5+ years of industry experience
- In-depth working knowledge of data structures, data analysis and predictive modeling
- Strong demonstrated skills in data cleaning, creation of predictor variables and building of Logistic or OLS regression models
- Ability to work with business partners to communicate the applications and benefits of using predictive models to automate decisions accurately and efficiently
- Strong knowledge of scorecard development, performance measurement, and business intelligence software solutions such as SAS, R, SPSS etc.
- Working experience in statistical modeling and advanced analytics in a financial service company, preferably have the work experience in statistical modeling and analytics for Consumer and Small Business lending.
Here’s our story; now tell us yours
Dell Technologies helps organizations and individuals build a brighter digital tomorrow. Our company is made up of more than 150,000 people, located in over 180 locations around the world. We’re proud to be a diverse and inclusive team and have an endless passion for our mission to drive human progress.
What’s most important to us is that you are respected, feel like you can be yourself and have the opportunity to do the best work of your life -- while still having a life. We offer excellent benefits, bonus programs, flexible work arrangements, a variety of career development opportunities, employee resource groups, and much more.
We started with computers, but we didn’t stop there. We are helping customers move into the future with multi-cloud, AI and machine learning through the most innovative technology and services portfolio for the data era. Join us and become a part of what’s next in technology, starting today.
You can also learn more about us by reading our latest Diversity and Inclusion Report and our plan to make the world a better place by 2030 here.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages. Read the full Employment Opportunity Policy here.Job ID: R098124