Director, Medium Business Demand GenerationRound Rock, Texas, Toronto, Ontario, Canada 01/23/2020
- Dell provides the technology that transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company — we are a people company. We inspire, challenge and respect every one of our over 100,000 employees. We also provide them with unparalleled growth and development opportunities. We can’t wait for you to discover this for yourself as a Director for the Medium Business Team in Round Rock, TX or Hopkinton, MA.
The Director for the Medium Business team is accountable for leading, the team to deliver the most efficient demand generation for the medium business sector through programs that are aligned to Dell Technologies strategy, business priorities and global field marketing execution strategy. They are also responsible for driving the strategic alignment of the programs to the channel business and our key alliance partners such as Intel, Microsoft, etc. in order to maximize our efficiency and capability to get to market.
Key job functions:
- Drives short, mid and long term strategic direction of medium business programs in line with customer research, industry best practices, sales segmentation, market trends and key business priorities.
- Provides consultation, influences decisions, and identifies and resolves critical issues with direct reports and the cross functional marketing team.
- Accountable for delivering the information on program required by global field marketing for their annual planning.
- Accountable for providing the information on program strategy, RTM, objectives, customer journey, value proposition and other key aspects to our internal stakeholders in order to support them with their deliverables.
- Act as the single point of contact for medium business programs as it pertains to status updates, presentations, representation in meetings, etc
- Conducts regular cross functional interlocks with stakeholders for risk analysis on key issues and to review quarterly plans & projects as required
- Represent medium business demand gen strategy and priorities in multiple executive forums and serve as the lead authority on medium business demand gen programs within the organization.
- Collaborate with key stakeholders to gather feedback, find best practices and share them broadly across the global field marketing organization, product groups, messaging teams and others.
- Analyze the Dell Technology medium business sector priorities and identify the long-term impact of new or anticipated strategies and how the programs need to evolve to support them.
- Reaches out to support and collaborate with other business functions and key alliance partners such as VMware, Intel and Microsoft, etc..
- Applies broad knowledge of company’s product/service capabilities and competitive environment to identify winning program strategies.
- Builds and develops a strong, diverse team in order to build an effective workforce.
- Accountable for establishing and improving consistent processes in which the team may operate in pursuit of achieving strategic and operational objectives of the broader business team
- Typically 15+ years of relevant experience or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Minimum 10 years marketing experience in an IT-based B2B environment, preferably across multiple geographies
- Proven ability to build and manage diverse and dispersed teams / influencing people in a matrix environment
- Understanding of complex enterprise B2B technology offerings and how to market them
- Experience in delivering successful marketing programs, both online and traditional that shows the ability to craft the messaging and positioning for complex solutions
- An analytical mindset for interpreting program results and formulating strategies to optimize our approach.
- Proven excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills at a senior level. Be a PowerPoint Ninja.
- Advanced understanding of how Dell brings demand generation programs to market through customer targeting, global field marketing execution methodologies (marketing mix) and how they differ per region, B2B technology marketing best practices and the competitors to our datacenter solutions.
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.
LIPriorityJob Family: Marketing Job ID: R053507
Related Job Opportunities
- Global Product Marketing Communication Manager Texas
- Marketing Analytics – Sr. Advisor– Services Center of Competency Texas
- Services Product Line Manager-Center of Competency Texas