Director, Product Operations EngineeringRound Rock, Texas 10/09/2019
Director, Product Operations Engineering
Dell provides the technology that transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company — we are a people company. We inspire, challenge and respect every one of our over 100,000 employees. We also provide them with unparalleled growth and development opportunities. We can’t wait for you to discover this for yourself as a Director, Product Operations Engineering on our team in Round Rock.
When Dell launches new game-changing products into the global market, Product Operations Engineering has a vital role to play. The team coordinates all the operational activities that enable products to be introduced and sustained successfully. It’s about making sure there is consistency between production and test environments. It’s about ensuring hardware, software and networking changes are migrated into the production environment in a stable and controlled way. And it’s about creating build processes, coordinating product builds for release into production and setting up configuration specifications for releases.
Join Dell and you’ll work in a dynamic environment with other motivated, talented individuals who inspire greatness in their teammates. Our unique position as a technology leader ensures that you’ll always be challenged in your work and supported in reaching your most ambitious goals.
- Communicates and translates our vision/strategy to staff
- Execute and manage functional and business goals for the group including budgetary goals and objectives Influences individuals regarding issue resolution, problem solving, or championing the project management value proposition
- Prepares and presents reports to all levels of leadership and staff Ensures critical outcomes are met for each project, program and/or portfolio for which they are responsible , or their staff is responsible for.
- Ensures that effective project controls are in place to monitor project performance.
- Provides effective performance reporting for the customer and Dell. Understands the links and dependencies between the projects and other in-flight projects and/or business initiatives.
- Daily management of customer solution and capability portfolio managers across the global fulfillment network for configuration services.
- Fulfillment and quality management of the delivery of Configuration Services in the Dell Supply Chain and Partner delivery facilities. Focus is on order fulfillment of the services in conjunction with Global Operations; quality management of in factory quality issues; quality management of customer missing, wrong, and damaged; continuous process improvements initiatives to improve cycle times, reduce quality issues, and reduce cost of delivery; hiring, retaining, and rewarding the best people for the critical roles in fulfillment and quality; managing and continuously improving the cost of service delivery; and reporting on the successful delivery of the 2.1 million configuration services orders.
- Typically 14+ years of relevant experience or equivalent combination of education and work experience
- Typically requires 7+ years diversified leadership, planning, communication, organization and people motivation skill (or equivalent experience)
- Expertise in Dell Service Offerings, in fulfillment operations management, in emerging technology associated with data transmission & storage, in IT security and secure network environments.
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.Job Family: Engineering Global-Services Job ID: R037465
Related Job Opportunities
- Senior Consultant, Strategic Services - Global Program Management Texas
- Software Engineer Texas
- Product Manager, XPS Mobile Products (Consultant level) Multiple Locations