Director Site Reliability Engineering SRERound Rock, Texas 02/25/2019
Director Site Reliability Engineering
Round Rock, TX
Dell provides the technology that transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company — we are a people company. We inspire, challenge and respect every one of our over 100,000 employees. We also provide them with unparalleled growth and development opportunities. We can’t wait for you to discover this for yourself as a Director Site Reliability Engineeringon our ITteam in Austin, TX.
Hands-on Leader with industry experience in Site Reliability Engineering. Lead a team of SREs to provide the highest level of speed and availability to an enterprise e-Commerce website. Use your proven leadership to guide a newer team to establish success criteria and measureable success. This is new position for Dell and an exciting time to make a difference to our E-commerce initiatives!
- Hands on experience working on C#, ASP.NET, AngularJS, Python, Shell Scripting
- Deep understanding of production systems design concepts including Reliability, Security, High Availability, and Disaster Recovery
- Established experience supporting and managing 24x7 enterprise monitoring and alerting. Demonstrated Site Reliability Engineering team leadership in enterprise logging and data usage.
- Leading knowledge and experience in usage of data and analytics to drive maximum speed and uptime
- Experience with tools (hands-on) splunk or the like, code profilers and configuration management tools such as Puppet
- Site Reliability Engineering, CI/CD tools/DevOps, E-Commerce, Monitoring and Alerting: 3 years
- Leadership: 5 years
- Typically 15+ years of relevant experience or equivalent combination of education and work experience
- Typically requires 7+ years diversified leadership, planning, communication, organization and people motivation skill (or equivalent experience)
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
If you’re ready to develop cutting-edge software for a changing world, this is your opportunity to develop with Dell.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell encourages applicants of all ages. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.
Job Family: Information-Technology Engineering Job ID: R86449
Related Job Opportunities
- Federal IT Service Desk Analyst Multiple Locations
- Solution Architect - Sr Principal Systems Development Engineer Texas
- Technical Content Developer 4 Multiple Locations
Join Our Talent Network
Receive alerts with new job opportunities that match your interests.