Firmware Development Engineer – Enterprise Data Center - Austin, TXAustin, Texas, Round Rock, Texas, United States 08/15/2019
Firmware Development Engineer – Enterprise Data Center - Austin, TX
Dell provides the technology that transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company — we are a people company. We inspire, challenge and respect every one of our over 100,000 employees. We also provide them with unparalleled growth and development opportunities. We can’t wait for you to discover this for yourself as a Firmware Development Engineer on our Firmware Development team in Austin Texas.
At Dell Extreme Scale Infrastructure (ESI), our mission is to develop custom server, storage, and infrastructure solutions for customers desiring best-in-class products tailored to Web Tech and Scientific Computing applications. ESI hires some of the brightest and most talented engineers and architects in the industry and we are seeking candidates who will bring thought leadership and a strong desire to succeed in the delivery of innovative solutions and operational excellence to our end customers.
State-of-the-art products demand state-of-the-art firmware, and that’s the role of our Firmware Engineering team. We lead and deliver the analysis, design, programming, debugging, troubleshooting or modification of software for firmware applications. We also influence product development at all stages. In short, we use the latest technology to modify existing solutions, in addition to developing innovative new software and firmware solutions.
Dell is looking for a software development engineer to work on complex software and firmware solutions server and Enterprise Cloud space. As a software engineer at Dell, you will be responsible for working closely with other technologists, architects, experience designers, product marketers, software developers and validation engineers to create custom solutions for our Enterprise customers. This position will be located in Austin, Texas.
- Work closely with our Data Center customers to understand their specific software and firmware requirements, work with other development teams to develop the firmware solutions, and help the customers to trouble shoot their issues after deployment.
- Develop high availability and highly scalable applications which will be used by both internal and external customers
- Work with external partners and internal Dell technology, marketing, engineering and validation teams to create solutions for our Enterprise Customers.
- Develop proof of concept implementations
- Role reports to a director
- Bachelor of Science degree in computer science, computer engineering, or electrical engineering
- Strong C, C++, C# or Java coding skills, with emphasis on writing scalable code
- Strong Object Oriented Analysis and Design skill or strong adherence to SOLID software design principles
- Strong Linux skills
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Ability to organize and manage multiple projects, setting priorities and working independently under aggressive timelines
- Ability to write and analyze requirements, functional specifications, design specifications, test plans, and documentation
- Basic understanding of software development lifecycles
- Basic understanding of computer architectures like x86 and ARM
- 5+ years experience
- Strong scripting skills
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
If you’re ready to develop cutting-edge software for a changing world, this is your opportunity to develop with Dell.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.
Job Family: Engineering Job ID: R030501
Related Job Opportunities
- Business Program Development Manager-Cloud Infrastructure Multiple Locations
- IEP System Architect - Senior Principal Electrical Texas
- Consultant, Technical Program Manager- Austin, TX Texas