Java Application and Cloud SaaS Software Engineer
- Round Rock, Texas
We believe that progress lives at the intersection of technology and humanity, and that our role is to bring innovation to people everywhere to drive progress around the world. Every member of our team plays a critical role in bringing our purpose to life — through our work, passion and commitment to do the absolute best we can for our company, our customers and each other.
What makes a successful Software Engineer?
Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Problem Solver
Java Application and Cloud SaaS Software Engineer - Round Rock/Austin, TX
The Software Engineering team delivers next-generation software application enhancements and new products for a changing world. Working at the cutting edge, we design and develop software for platforms, peripherals, applications and diagnostics — all with the most advanced technologies, tools, software engineering methodologies and the collaboration of internal and external partners.
Join us to do the best work of your career and make a profound social impact as a Software Engineer on our Enterprise Systems management software development team in Round Rock, Texas.
What you’ll achieve
As a Software Engineer, you will be responsible for contributing to the planning, design and development of multiple features. You will work with the Systems Management solutions team on the delivery of a systems management solution for both on premises datacenter management as well as a cloud SaaS solution. You will:
- Collaborate on the design and development of entire systems management features
- Collaborate with a team of developers to deliver to plan, quality, scale and performance of the solution
- Work with key stakeholders to ensure the product meets the requirements from customers, support teams and service teams.
Take the first step towards your dream career
Every Dell Technologies team member brings something unique to the table. Here’s what we are looking for with this role:
- Experience in Object Oriented Analysis & Design
- Strong development skills in Java is a must
- Experience with the design and development of cloud solutions, SaaS
- Experience in integrating products using Web Services/REST API
- Experience in HTML/CSS/JS (Angular or comparable framework)
- Experience with global teams in different time zones
- Technical "hands on" position in a fast-paced delivery-oriented environment
- Flexible and adaptable to different roles in different phases of the project lifecycle using Agile methodology
- Knowledge in Linux/Java DB technologies - PostgreSQL(Schema Definition, Stored Procedures), Hibernate; NoSQL Databases (Apache Cassandra)
- Familiarity with XML, REST, JSON, Reactive Programming (RxJava/Reactor)
- Knowledge in developing applications using Tomcat/Spring Frameworks
- Familiarity with front-end module workflow (ES6, Webpack, Rollup, or comparable tooling)
- Familiarity with NodeJS and NPM/Yarn
- Good skills in Linux scripting, RPM Spec file development
- Good skills in cloud technologies like Microservices, containers, Kubernetes etc.
- Multi-threaded programming
- Java certification
Here’s our story; now tell us yours
Dell Technologies helps organizations and individuals build a brighter digital tomorrow. Our company is made up of more than 150,000 people, located in over 180 locations around the world. We’re proud to be a diverse and inclusive team and have an endless passion for our mission to drive human progress.
What’s most important to us is that you are respected, feel like you can be yourself and have the opportunity to do the best work of your life -- while still having a life. We offer excellent benefits, bonus programs, flexible work arrangements, a variety of career development opportunities, employee resource groups, and much more.
We started with computers, but we didn’t stop there. We are helping customers move into the future with multi-cloud, AI and machine learning through the most innovative technology and services portfolio for the data era. Join us and become a part of what’s next in technology, starting today.
You can also learn more about us by reading our latest Diversity and Inclusion Report and our plan to make the world a better place by 2030 here.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages. Read the full Equal Employment Opportunity Policy here.
Job Family: Engineering Software-Engineer Job ID: R076877
Global Sales at Dell
We believe that technology is essential for driving human progress, and we’re committed to providing that technology to people and organizations everywhere so they can transform the way they work and live. Join our sales team and be a part of our story.Learn More About Global Sales
Learn what it's like to work in the Round Rock Office.Explore this location
Rewards & Development
It's simple. We believe in rewarding our team members for a job well done, investing in their professional development and filling the majority of our open positions internally.
Health & Wellness
As part of our overall rewards, we offer benefits programs designed to help you maintain a healthy lifestyle. These benefits are based on your location, so please ask your recruiter for more details.
Dell’s Connected Workplace program offers new ways to work and enables eligible team members to choose the style that best fulfills their needs, both in their job and their personal life.
You may be eligible for other programs in your location including employee purchase program, paid time away from work, financial and savings programs and more. Talk to your recruiter for more details on what benefits programs are available in your location.
Our culture is defined by our values and made real every day by how we work and lead. We know our culture is the foundation for all we’ve achieved, and for all the success ahead of us. Don't take it just from us – see what our employees say in our annual "Tell Dell" results.
- 90% My leader cares about my well-being both professionally and personally.
- 93% I am proud that I never have to worry about Dell Technologies showing up in a headline damaging our ethical reputation.
- 90% My job means more to me than just a paycheck and benefits
- 94% I believe flexible work arrangements (e.g., working remote, mobile, telework, etc.) at Dell Technologies contribute positively to our performance as a company.