To learn more about how Dell Technologies is supporting our communities, customers, partners and team members, please visit our COVID-19 response site.
Lab Support Principal Engineer
Primary Location: Round Rock, Texas
Lab Support Principal Engineer
Round Rock, Texas
Dell provides the technology that transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company — we are a people company. We inspire, challenge and respect every one of our over 100,000 employees. We also provide them with unparalleled growth and development opportunities. We can’t wait for you to discover this for yourself as a Lab Support Principal Engineer on our Lab Support Engineering team in Round Rock, Texas.
Lab Support Engineering is at the heart of a worldwide lab operations team providing 24x7 lab access, service and solutions support in multiple locations. Independent and flexible, team members are always ready to adapt to the changing daily priorities. They make an impact in all kinds of ways – from installing and maintaining servers and storage equipment within the fast-paced lab computing environment, through to providing top-level technical expertise and support to engineering departmental users. What’s more, they work with engineering teams to create hardware configuration test plans in support of software development.
- Responsible for deployment and administration of various converged and hyper converged engineering lab infrastructure
- Provide architect level client/server and SAN/storage array support for the configuration and maintenance of the engineering computer lab systems
- Responsible for the configuration and deployment of servers and storage arrays
- Monitor and troubleshoot the technical environment for problems and root cause analysis
- Maintain a working knowledge of all documented processes and procedures.
- Responsible for ensuring proper deployment of fiber-channel storage arrays, hosts, switches, software, and agents
- Provides technical expertise in the development of collaborative platform client application/customer interface
- Identify and execute on proactive and preventative system upgrades
- Monitoring and management software for physical, virtual, and cloud-based infrastructures
- As a 24X7X365 organization shift work, holidays and on-call responsibilities may be required
- Makes recommendations to higher level technical support engineers or management for improving processes, standards and strategies
- Regularly submits content to the knowledge database
- Bachelor's degree and 10+ years of relevant experience
- Advanced knowledge in hardware and software including vBlock, VxRail, PowerMAX, VNX, XIO, Nexus OS, Zabbix and Nagios
- Advanced technical expertise in virtualization to include VMware suite/applications (ESXi, VSAN, Vcenter, vRealize, vOrchestrator, VDP, VMware SRM)
- Technical expertise in Avamar VE and Data Domain, Monitoring via Zabbix and Nagios
- Proficiency in Cisco and Dell Blade Chassis
- Solid understanding of software development lifecycles, tools, and Agile processes
- Moderate scripting and coding skills
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Ability to multi-task and work in a high-pressure environment
- Customer service skills
- Troubleshooting skills
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
If you’re looking for a varied role in an innovative and fast-paced lab setting, this is your opportunity to develop with Dell.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.
Job ID: R072714