Principal Software Engineer - ITRound Rock, Texas 06/03/2019
Senior Software Engineer - IT
Dell provides the technology that transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company — we are a people company. We inspire, challenge and respect every one of our over 100,000 employees. We also provide them with unparalleled growth and development opportunities. We can’t wait for you to discover this for yourself as a Senior Software Engineeron our ITteam in Austin, TX.
Dell's Digital Enterprise Services organization, Enterprise Integration Services (EIS) team is hiring a Boomi Developer - to deliver on initiatives for our global cross segment customers. Responsibilities will include participating in daily stand ups, managing requirements and providing technical guidance. EIS IT team’s mission is to deliver on-time, on-demand and seamless integration between Dell internal applications, SaaS platforms in Cloud, On-Premise to Cloud and real-time information exchange with Dell’s Trading Partners, Customers and Devices (IoT) in a Robust, Secure and Scalable fashion. You will play a defining role in the continuing evolution of Dell’s Integration journey.
- Implementation of API technologies with skills inLayer 7, IBM DataPower or any other API Integration Platform
- Provides technical expertise and leadership to develop integration solutions spanning business processes, operating systems, applications, and hardware platforms
- Work with complicated and business critical applications across functional areas
- Be extremely data driven and drive/track program execution and delivery excellence while keeping the team and leadership updated on project status and risk factors
- Work with the engineering manager, product owners, architects, developers and SDETs to ensure that the product is being delivered with quality on time and within budget
- Work with internal IT teams to coordinate project interlocks and deployments while being responsible for multiple projects being implemented in parallel and sprint planning for these projects
- 4+ yrs experience as an API Developer with IBM Datapower Or CA Layer 7 experience
- Overall 6+ years of total software/IT engineering/code development experience on API applications with a Bachelor’s or higher in Computer Sciences or similar
- Must have good expertise in Java, eSQL, SQL, SOAP, XML, XSTL, XSD, SOAP, WSDL, and XPath
- Ability to work on WebSphere Data Power Service Gateway and the WebSphere Data Power Integration Appliance, both physical and virtual
- Familiarity with Integration tools like Jenkins and Agile software development processes with experience in developing and administering Layer 7 API integration services
- Authentication Authorization mechanisms - Experience with API security standards and implementation (OAuth, OpenId) and experience with API governance processes and working knowledge in building and installing the Gateway components
- Familiarity with Agile/SCRUM development methodologies and software development life-cycle principles
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.
Job Family: Information-Technology Engineering Job ID: R42410
Related Job Opportunities
- Senior Engineer, Product Technologist Multiple Locations
- Principal Systems Development Engineer Multiple Locations
- Associate Systems Engineer II (GSAP) Texas