Senior Agile IT Finance Program ManagerRound Rock, Texas 05/22/2019
Consultant, Project/Program Management – IT
Round Rock, TX
Dell provides the technology that transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company — we are a people company. We inspire, challenge and respect every one of our over 100,000 employees. We also provide them with unparalleled growth and development opportunities. We can’t wait for you to discover this for yourself as a Project/Program Management Consultant - IT on our Program Managementteam in Round Rock, Texas.
Our Information Technology (IT) Architecture team translates our customers’ business requirements into total enterprise-wide solutions. It takes deep technical knowledge to create architectural designs that exceed service requirements. We’re skilled in analyzing the customer’s business goals, objectives, needs and general business environment to create technical system solutions. Our expertise includes integrating hardware, processes, methodologies and software into the customer environment.
About the Business Unit:
Dell's Digital Infrastructure Services Group (ISG) Back Office Management team is hiring a Program Manager to deliver on initiatives for our global cross segment customers. Candidates should have worked in a collaborative environment with onshore and offshore development groups and, having a working knowledge of best practices in this environment, is a plus. The role is to communicate, design, document and gain acceptance of designed solutions. This includes researching, designing, documenting and influencing throughout the project life cycle. The ability to make both functional and technical contributions will make a difference in evaluating candidates.
It is important for the candidate to understand how to implement global process solutions. Responsibilities will include coordinating functional team activities, driving solutions, influencing, inspiring and mentoring team members by providing technical and process guidance. This role is specific to ensure ISG business Back Office teams are aligned with IT Designs, Solutions, Timelines and outcomes with high quality.
- Performs complex tasks that contribute to the activity for a service center or key change program; Follows processes as outlined
- Maintains pipeline of requests, demand and initiatives
- Takes direction to the development of service artifacts, documents, inventories and usage data
- Analyzes subset of overall project requirements by providing documentation and tracking
- Prepares, maintains and submits activity/progress reports and time recording/management reports in accordance with published procedures
- Provides knowledge transfer throughout and at the completion of assigned projects as well as mentors less experienced analysts
- Keeps project managers informed of activities, alerting on any issues promptly and seeking assistance when required
- May participate in the delivery of systems, products, applications and policies by writing and executing complex test cases and Project Management Office (PMO) documentation under direction
Bachelor’s degree with 5+ years of experience managing all aspects of project planning; or 10+ years of project planning experience
- Will provide leadership throughout the planning, preparation and execution of the project lifecycle leading to seamless and timely business sign-off
- Will lead a lifecycle area across all ISG program workstreams, providing leadership over development readiness, environment readiness, data prep, testing readiness and deployment readiness
- Travel – 25%
- Strong technical aptitude
- Knowledge with appropriate networks, products and protocols
- Problem-solving skills
- Communication skills
- Understands products and their value added to the customer
- Ability to analyze information and draw accurate conclusions
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
Our Culture Code unites us and makes us a great family of companies and a great place to work. It’s how we run the business, go to market, work together and provide inspirational leadership. Our culture code is defined by our values and is made real every day by defining expectations for how we work and how we lead.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.Job Family: Information-Technology Program-Management Job ID: R13341
Related Job Opportunities
- IT Infrastructure Program Manager (Modern Data Center) - Austin/Round Rock, TX Multiple Locations
- Server COC Project/Program Management Senior Advisor Texas
- Project/Program Management, Senior Advisor- Round Rock, TX Texas