Senior Database Developer
Primary Location: Remote - Texas, United States
Job Title: Sr Database Developer
Dell IT Overview:
Dell creates technology solutions for a changing world. Our Information Technology (IT) Architecture team translates our customers’ business requirements into total enterprise-wide
solutions. It takes deep technical knowledge to create architectural designs
that exceed service requirements. We’re skilled in analyzing the customer’s
business goals, objectives, needs and general business environment to create
technical system solutions. Our expertise includes integrating hardware,
processes, methodologies and software into the customer environment.
Key Responsibilities :
Design and build of Database as a service offerings , API integration, use of CI/CD tools and processes, embedded security tools. Expertise in Orchestration tools like Ansible AWX OR Terraform. Expertise in software development practices .Net and/or Java. Version control, creating diagnosability and logging mechanisms. familiarity with test automation tools and methodologies. Work with development teams on design,
- Deep understanding in Ansible Automations like infrastructure management, application deployment, server security, CI/CD, service orchestration and cloud provisioning.
- Experience in providing solutions and technical implementation aligned with the automation program objectives using Ansible.
- Experience in scripting tools: PowerShell, Perl, JS, Python, Shell, Ruby, JSON, YAML etc.
Experience of creating and maintaining open source projects on github. Experience creating cloud native docker blueprints ideally for a database platform requiring persistent storage, for deployment to a Kubernetes platform. Knowledge of Java based API development. Good knowledge of python with some related Python development experience in the machine learning space.
• 10+ Years overall IT experience . specifically 4+ years in Development CI/CD, Ansible
• BS in Computer Science and/or equivalent work experience required Knowledge/Skills Required
• In-depth understanding of NoSQL High Availability strategies - replication, sharding,
• Solid knowledge of SQL & NoSQL database concepts
• Communicate and work effectively in a team environment • Excellent verbal and written
communication skills Preferred
• Coding skills with at least one of following:
Python, PHP, Perl, or Java Experience • Minimum of 3 years of Linux proficiency
Desirable Requirements :
Development background with Python, Ruby, Ansible.
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
Our Culture Code unites us and makes us a great family of companies and a great place to work. It’s how we run the business, go to market, work together and provide inspirational leadership. Our culture code is defined by our values and are made real every day by defining expectations for how we work and how we lead.
Dell is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages.Job ID: R097878