Senior Manager, Account Services Management – U.S. remote
- Round Rock, Texas
We believe that progress lives at the intersection of technology and humanity, and that our role is to bring innovation to people everywhere to drive progress around the world. Every member of our team plays a critical role in bringing our purpose to life — through our work, passion and commitment to do the absolute best we can for our company, our customers and for each other.
What makes a successful Product Services team member?
Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Problem Solver
Senior Manager, Account Services Management
The successful candidate for this Federal focused role is primarily responsible for leading a team of up to 15 Dell EMC Customer Support Managers which handle complex unassigned customer service request (SR) resolution; ensuring customer escalations are handled in an efficient, effective, & professional manner to minimize customer impact and maximize future customer loyalty. The role requires the effective coordination, managerial oversight and associated incident/escalation management on a 24/7 basis to support customers. This Sr. Manager will leverage established Dell EMC internal and commercial best practices to streamline workflows to continuously improve operational procedures. The successful candidate will continue to improve knowledge and certifications of various key areas, particularly as they relate to the Dell EMC Support Procedures, and how they fit into Dell EMC Customers’ IT Service Life-cycles. This Sr. Manager role will be lead an after-hours team 2nd/3rd shift to include weekends.
- Ensure that each direct report employee has access to every facet of their respectively required job functions (hardware, software, systems access, tools, workspace, training, defined processes, escalation paths, etc.) to perform effectively
- LOB purview includes encompasses the Dell EMC portfolio inclusive of CNS (Dell) and SDP (EMC) products
- Provide escalation support when requested, particularly when involving Dell EMC Senior Executives or complex solutioning beyond the prowess of the CSM; facilitate a professional approach to all customer situations and ensure commitments are set accordingly and adhered to
- Ensure contractual service support requirements are understood, managed and delivered, and develop and sustain a work environment that avoids over-delivery through effective expectation management
- Facilitate collaboration with all other facets of the Dell EMC Support Organization through agreed processes; continuously identify and drive improvement to existing service processes and procedures by identifying CLCA opportunities, coaching targets and training gaps
- Document best practices and knowledge base articles to drive service improvements
- Drive all required Critical Success Factors and Key Performance Indicators and provide in Root Cause Analysis, CLCA analysis and feedback as needed
- Drive all direct report employees’ continual technical and business-skills improvement through targeted training and certification (based on the needs of the business); continuously advise senior management on potential process / tool / personnel improvements that could streamline operations
- Provide organizational reporting to senior management as required and participate in Project Management initiatives as they relate to Resolution Management
- 15+ years of relevant experience or equivalent combination of education and work experience
- US Citizen residing in the Continental United States
- 8+ years of experience in a technical support function (E.g. Quality lead, tech mentor, case mentor, dispatcher, Technical Account Manager, Etc.) or equivalent Services industry experience
- 2+ years of experience in a Support Leadership function
- Possess a Customer-Focused mentality and a willingness to provide prioritization, planning, coordination, ownership and accountability for each escalation handled with tact and diplomacy always
- Experience working in large technical support organizations preferred; able to quickly become effectively agile within the Dell EMC Support Resolution Team and beyond the organizational boundaries
- Strong analytical / technical problem solving and troubleshooting skills across the wide range of industry hardware and software, with an emphasis on all Dell EMC product offerings
- Proven business acumen, intellectual capability, verbal and written communication / customer support / interpersonal / presentation / conflict resolution skills
- Self-starter that is willing to learn and able to manage ambiguity and operate effectively with little supervision
- Knowledge of the Dell EMC portfolio and Strategically Aligned Business units
- Substantial experience with the Dell EMC Support Model
- A Bachelor’s Degree in MIS, Computer Science or equivalent experience in related field
- ITIL Foundation certification preferred or obtained no more than 6 months post hire
- At least one Advanced Technical Certification (MCITP, CCNA, VCP, etc.)
- At least one Advanced Managerial Certification (ITIL Intermediate/Practitioner, Six Sigma, PMP, etc.)
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
If you’re ready to play a key role at the heart of outstanding account services, this is your opportunity to develop with Dell.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.
Job Family: Product-Services Services Global-Services Remote Job ID: R058249
Global Sales at Dell
We believe that technology is essential for driving human progress, and we’re committed to providing that technology to people and organizations everywhere so they can transform the way they work and live. Join our sales team and be a part of our story.Learn More About Global Sales
Learn what it's like to work in the Round Rock Office.Explore this location
Rewards & Development
It's simple. We believe in rewarding our team members for a job well-done and investing in our team member's professional development filling the majority of our open positions internally.
Health & Wellness
As part of our overall rewards, we offer benefits programs designed to help you maintain a healthy lifestyle. These benefits are based on your location, so please ask your recruiter for more details.
Dell’s Connected Workplace program offers new ways to work and enables eligible team members to choose the style that best fulfills their needs, both in their job and their personal life.
You may be eligible for other programs in your location including employee purchase program, paid time away from work, financial and savings programs and more. Talk to your recruiter for more details on what benefits programs are available in your location.
Our culture is defined by our values and made real every day by how we work and lead. We know our culture is the foundation for all we’ve achieved, and for all the success ahead of us. Don't take it just from us – see what our employees say in our annual "Tell Dell" results.
- 90% My leader cares about my well-being both professionally and personally.
- 93% I am proud that I never have to worry about Dell Technologies showing up in a headline damaging our ethical reputation.
- 90% My job means more to me than just a paycheck and benefits
- 94% Believe flexible work arrangements (e.g., working remote, mobile, telework, etc.) at Dell Technologies contribute positively to our performance as a company.