Senior Principle Systems Development Engineer - Austin, TX
Primary Location: Austin, Texas
Round Rock, Texas, United States
Senior Principal Systems Development Engineer
- Generate feasibility studies of system level concepts with pros/cons of platform choices in AI/ML/DL, Telco 5G and IoT/Edge products.
- New product development driving external and internal development teams to approve design proposals, develop program schedules, set and manage cost targets, plan development tasks and define and execute comprehensive test plans.
- Direct and strong customer engagement during and post product development.
- Support the tracking and driving to closure of critical product defects during development and those discovered in the field.
- Develop long-term technical relationships with the vendor base for the core technology or solutions. The relationships should create a technical interface, driving those requirements into next generation vendor offerings.
- Identify and develop differentiation and/or solution opportunities, provide technical information and make recommendations to marketing, procurement, engineering, customers, and business executives.
- Participate and lead strategic initiatives for improvements in process, quality, and cost.
- Work cross-functionally with other technical leaders, key suppliers and solution partners.
- Generate intellectual property and support Dell’s legal team by providing technical support on intellectual property disputes.
- Telco business and Edge product development experience preferred.
- Experience in AI/ML/DL product development experience preferred.
- Experience with new product development life cycle and driving cross-functional development efforts from concept to planning to development is required.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects, setting priorities and managing to committed schedules in an independent environment.
- Demonstrated ability to create architecture specifications and drive design for new solutions and feature implementation.
- Experienced with prototyping architectural concepts.
- Experience running performance comparisons utilizing industry standard benchmarks and application specific tests.
- Knowledge of server architecture, system level design engineering, rack-level and datacenter-level network design, network function virtualization, and an understanding of shared infrastructure management.
- System Architecture experience required with industry knowledge of server application workloads and how hardware components and architecture affect workload performance and/or optimization.
- Experience in Enterprise level Server System Management is preferred but not required.
- Direct customer engagement experience is preferred but not required.
- Experience with Intel / AMD system architecture and debug, Analog and digital design, High speed bus interface design, Signal integrity analysis, CPLD / FPGA design, High speed PCB layout design, Operating systems and Enterprise level Server System Management is preferred
Take the first step towards your dream career
Every Dell Technologies team member brings something unique to the table. Here’s what we are looking for with this role:
• 12 to 15 years of related experience.
• System engineering experience with BS or MS in EE/ME/CS or equivalent.
• Advanced understanding of appropriate system architectures
• Deep knowledge of hardware and software interactions, and ability to apply this understanding to resolve issues
• Bachelor’s degree
• Ability to lead, motivate and direct a workgroup
• Capability to influence others to achieve results
Here’s our story; now tell us yours
Dell Technologies helps organizations and individuals build a brighter digital tomorrow. Our company is made up of more than 150,000 people, located in over 180 locations around the world. We’re proud to be a diverse and inclusive team and have an endless passion for our mission to drive human progress.
What’s most important to us is that you are respected, feel like you can be yourself and have the opportunity to do the best work of your life -- while still having a life. We offer excellent benefits, bonus programs, flexible work arrangements, a variety of career development opportunities, employee resource groups, and much more.
We started with computers, but we didn’t stop there. We are helping customers move into the future with multi-cloud, AI and machine learning through the most innovative technology and services portfolio for the data era. Join us and become a part of what’s next in technology, starting today.
You can also learn more about us by reading our latest Diversity and Inclusion Report and our plan to make the world a better place by 2030 here.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages. Read the full Equal Employment Opportunity Policy here.
Job ID: R099580